Senior Visual Designer
About the Team
The Art Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. Our games connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That's no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.
About the Role
Our Visual Designers work on finding solutions to complex systems with a focus on visual clarity and design cohesiveness. The Visual Designers collaborate with production, engineering and creative leaders to establish the first and most important point of contact with the players, the User Interface (UI). They also help build and maintain a solid visual identity for our IPs inside and outside our games.
Who you are:
- Craft Knowledge: You use your knowledge and taste in composition, typography, colors schemes and iconography to create highly polished assets and build a consistent visual interface with wide accessibility for an excellent and comprehensive player experience.
- Systemic Design: You have experience designing assets as components and styles within libraries with great organizational file structure. You also know how to develop and maintain a dynamic Design System carrying assets ready to implement.
- Team Player: You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and shares knowledge.
Software Expertise: You know your way through Adobe Suite and you are up to date with screen design tools, such as Figma.
- UX Experience: Apart from being an exceptional Visual Designer, you understand what it takes to create amazing experiences for the players, being able to prototype, create simple screen flows and your own wireframes when needed.
- Organization: You understand that complex projects need meticulous planning and documentation from backlog to pipeline production. You know how to organize your delivery, having a very approachable structure of files and efficient implementation flow to the engine.
What you'll do:
- Collaboration: You will work closely with Art Directors to help establish a cohesive look for our games. You will also work with various other disciplines such as UX Designers, Engineers, Game Designers and Product Managers to deliver user-friendly experiences to our players.
- Game Developer Mindset: In addition to creating and implementing optimized assets with your understanding of how players experience content, you have knowledge of tools and processes and are able to foresee interdependencies and contribute with other areas of game development.
- Growth: You will help us level up tools, processes and communication, always looking out for new industry trends and technology advancements.
- Branding: Support additional designs for game specific branding inside and outside the game.
- Prototyping: To achieve the best product value, it is important to iterate on what feels right. You'll be tasked with producing UI mock-ups and animations for testing and assessing overall look and feel prior to its implementation.
- Mentoring: As a senior member of the team, you are expected to help mentor other Visual Designers, giving them craft direction, soft skills guidance and how to better interact with stakeholders.
What you'll need:
- Experience working in games as a Visual Designer, UI Designer or similar role.
- Knowledge of UX fundamentals and processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your work.
- You have experience working in mobile games.
- You know your way around at least one game engine (especially Unity) and understand the various parts of the game development pipeline.
- You own a basic knowledge of motion graphics and 3D asset creation.
- You have basic illustration skills (composition, coloring and rendering of 2D elements).
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Please note that an art test may be required during the evaluation process.
Wildlife Studios is an independent mobile game studio started in 2011 and headquartered in São Paulo, Brazil. The company is growing, and we’re on a mission to build our creative capability.
At Wildlife we’re committed to being a company where the best talent can do their best work. Our goal is to create great games, worlds players escape to, and characters they can’t live without. This is our aspiration, and we know it’s no small task. Our secret weapon is our people, and the company is built to support them. We’re looking for world class talent inspired to be a part of this journey.
We believe video games will be the source of the world's most beloved entertainment franchises. We hope to accelerate this transition by making iconic games that will be remembered and shared for generations.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on this mission at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Irvine (United States), and San Francisco (United States).
* Indica campos obrigatórios
Encontre mais oportunidades como esta