Senior Backend Engineer
São Paulo, BRA
We're looking for a talented and passionate Senior Backend Engineer to join Wildlife's Social Gaming team. This is a fully remote position in Brazil.
As a Senior Backend Engineer in the Social Gaming team, you will design, implement, improve and maintain the functionalities that compose Wildlife game's social ecosystem. You will work on constantly evolving the services responsible for features like Chat, Leaderboards, Matchmaking, and Clan Management that are used by thousands of players simultaneously. You will play a key role in driving the team's success through technical excellence, leadership, and teamwork.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, love solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Evolve Wildlife's social systems architecture and implementation (Chat, Leaderboards, Clans, Matchmaking, etc.) to deliver our functionalities with technical and product quality, impacting thousands of players.
- Integrate our products into the Wildlife Platform, following guidelines and best practices to provide a great experience to Game Engineers during all game development phases
- Maintain our existing stack, identifying and tackling opportunities in our services and processes, such as improvements in tests, CI/CD, observability, and documentation.
- Work in a highly collaborative and diverse environment to foster a thriving software engineering culture inside the team and the department.
What you'll need
- 5+ years of software development professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining systems with high scalability and availability
More about you
- You can communicate clearly with your team and the company to identify and discuss issues, demands, solutions, and priorities;
- You enjoy working with different technologies and contexts, being able to ramp up fast in new opportunities and challenges when they emerge.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
* Indica campos obrigatórios