NodeJS - Backend Engineer
We're looking for a talented and passionate Backend Engineer and web3 developer to join Wildlife's Studio Engineering Team in São Paulo.
As an engineer in game teams, you will participate in the full cycle of game development. You will make core decisions such as the overall software architecture and technology stack. However, you will not only act as a software architect. Additionally, you will be involved in the design and implementation of all other technical aspects of the game that connect to our backend services, such as gameplay mechanics, metagame logic and game and blockchain economy.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Settle overall software architecture of new game projects and new features.
- Design, implement and test metagame business logic on game apps and services, including the definition of API endpoints and their implementation.
- Ship new versions to production, supervise metrics and user feedback after the release.
- Write automated tests.
- Perform code review and design review of other people’s work.
- Integrate blockchain technology to our game servers and provide a solid and secure client API to our games.
- Estimate engineering-related tasks making assumptions about dependencies and risks clear.
- Plan releases and sprints.
- Provide timely transparency of development status and risks to interested parties.
- Proactively look for problems in processes and propose improvements.
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Is desired to have experience interacting with Smart Contracts in the blockchain through web3 client/server applications.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indica campos obrigatórios