We're looking for a talented and passionate Backend Engineer to join our team in Buenos Aires (Argentina).
We seek engineers with shown programming and systems design knowledge. Since we are always looking for new tools and technologies that better tackle our problems, we value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.
As a backend engineer, you'll work directly with several teams, such as data science and data engineering, to develop extraordinary platforms that are used in our games' creation, operation, and distribution. Our main goal is to empower and enable each of those teams to do their work faster and better, making our games reach the next billion people.
We'll need you to understand our systems flows, identify common demands from different teams, and work in close collaboration both within the team and with different parts of the organization to design secure, resilient systems with extraordinary usability and performance.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
About the team
We are now building a top-notch Engineering Team in Buenos Aires.
In BA, we'll be focused on developing a brand new commercial product with the following challenges:
- Machine learning-based service handling +1 Million QPS, 1-digit ms response time.
- Cloud-native platform, Data Engineering, Data Science, Information Security COE.
- Real-time advertising inventory bidding exchange.
- Creatives statistical testing & analytics tools.
- Machine learning-powered mediation layer.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and to achieve that, we work with a broad technology stack and have an approach of being fully responsible for our systems, from their conception to incident resolution and troubleshooting in production.
What you'll do
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain systems and platform products that will be used in the games' development, operation and distribution.
- Identify common demands from clients, design and propose solutions that improve everything from their operation to the end-user experience.
- Detect and fix problems in the production environment.
- Contribute to the best practices of development, reliability, and availability of our systems.
- Handle great volumes of data in real-time systems.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc.).
More about you
- Empowering teams is key to scaling. We look for engineers that have a history of designing systems and services that enable others to do their best work. You have a keen eye for common features and demands and can build from different requirements and expectations to a common ground.
- Metrics focused. We are metrics oriented, and our systems have a great impact on the performance of our games. You have an analytic approach and focus on ensuring visibility to your clients. You aim for top-level system design, guaranteeing the highest availability possible.
- Large scale and low-latency. You are excited about the challenges brought by the large scale and low-latency requirements. You thrive when discussing the architecture and best practices of such systems and have exceptional attention when developing its internals to ensure an efficient and easily maintainable code.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Postgres.
- Experience solving problems and optimizing the performance of APIs.
- Experience developing and maintaining systems with a high volume of requests.
- Experience developing systems in the games industry.
- Experience developing systems in the ad tech ecosystem.
- Experience developing platform products.
- 3+ years of software development professional experience.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indica campos obrigatórios
Encontre mais oportunidades como esta