Associate Engineering Manager - Playables Ads
São Paulo, BRA
This position is based in Brazil, on a remote-first working model: you choose which city to live and work remotely if you prefer, but the São Paulo office is available if you wish to work presentially. The Associate Engineering Manager for Playables (gamefied ads) will be responsible for mentoring a team of developers, providing technical and career guidance, as well as coordinating the team through the development of new tools and extensions to our proprietary game engine.
The ideal candidate is a strong Sr. Engineer, preferably one who is a Tech Lead, who wishes to pursue the management career path. Preference will be given to candidates with experience with game development.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Provide both technical and career guidance to the developers;
- Responsible for ensuring the team has the right structure, and hire new members;
- Foster team technical development, bring new challenges as developers grow;
- Manage a backlog of new tools and improvements to our current game engine;
- Ensure the team dedicates time to R&D initiatives;
- Be the team interface with leadership areas such as Management, Business and Product;
- Translate into leadership language the team technical issues;
- Work closely with Artists, Product Marketing Specialists and Data Analysts;
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar course, or equivalent working experience;
- 2+ years of experience as a Tech Lead Engineer or Software Architect;
- Experience leading a team of 3+ developers is desired;
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, computer graphics, etc.);
- Experience developing games or similar real-time interactive applications is a plus;
- Experience in Unity, WebGL, and Shading languages (GLSL / HLSL) is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written skills for communicating with artists, engineers, and leadership;
- Intermediate English for reading and writing technical documents;
More about you
- You are technically strong, but also passionate about people development;
- Team player, you love to help and see other engineers succeeding;
- You empower your team members to be the best version of themselves – you aim for their success instead of your own. You love listening to and helping others;
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we build games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance, please let us know at email@example.com.
* Indica campos obrigatórios
Encontre mais oportunidades como esta