Staff QA Engineer
About the team
Our Quality Assurance team plays a critical role in the development cycle of our games. Working closely with game developers and game designers, backend and tools engineers, the team is tasked with ensuring the quality of our games by mixing manual and automated tests. Being up to date with some of the best practices, the team is focused on improving our processes on each sprint, thus seeking to be a quality reference to the industry. We are a strong, motivated, and collaborative team, working like a fast, self-organized, and with an out-of-the-box thinking entity. Our quality work is our pride!
About the role
We're looking for a talented and passionate QA Staff Engineer, to join Wildlife's Quality Assurance team in São Paulo, Brazil!
As a QA Staff Engineer, you will play a key role in our product's development cycle, creating, implementing, maintaining, and improving our testing procedures.ou will act as a quality owner in the development team across multiple games, analyzing opportunities for improvement, looking to optimize our effort and bringing the team's quality mindset to another level. You'll work closely with the game and department leadership, Product Owners and QA team as well.
What you'll do
- Improve our test processes, identify opportunities for manual and automated tests during the development cycle;
- Help call out risks, impact, probability, and help plan mitigation;
- Exercise and open communications between QA and other departments (Engineering, Player Experience, Game Design, etc.) regarding product quality overall;
- Train, develop, maintain and evolve our QA processes and techniques;
- Act as an internal QA Consultant analyzing current business and game production activities to assess needs for changes in quality assurance practices;
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives not only on the team but in the entire department.
What you'll need
- Solid experience with QA process definitions and improvements;
- Broad professional experience in manual testing and automated testing;
- Experience in stakeholder management;
- Understanding of software development;
- Solid understanding of software testing concepts (testability, escape rate, regression, unit, integration, soak, stress, test automation);
- Advanced English.
More about you
- You are passionate about quality and understand ways to ensure it, you are able to identify opportunities to improve the current quality level;
- You are a team player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
- You can communicate clearly with your team and other departments to identify issues and demands;
- You are experienced in working in highly dynamic environments, which stimulates self-development, knowledge sharing, and working with guided goals.
- You are not afraid to take risks, recognize current demands and set new priorities, evaluating the impact of their outcomes in the final result.
- You are fond of software development and knows how to ensure its quality;
- You are creative when solving problems and is constantly seeking improvements for processes and solutions;
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this