Staff DX Engineer
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. Since 2011, our gaming titles have been downloaded more than 2 billion times providing fun to millions of people, every day, everywhere.
We are not done yet. We aspire to develop games that will be remembered by generations. To achieve this goal, we strive to be best-in-class in each of our major disciplines: Product, Engineering, Art, Marketing, and Data. That’s why we are rapidly expanding and building talented and passionate teams in our offices in Argentina, Brazil, Ireland, and the US.
About the Team
The DX Engineering team will be responsible to have world class productivity across the company by detecting opportunities, and work with the different areas of SRE, Security, Governance, Data Engineering, ML Engineering and SDK Architecture to gather feedback, observe their pain points in order to craft a vision and collaborate with them so to provide solutions that not only improve the productivity of the teams, but also curates the quality and gives the necessary insights so users have the necessary feedback to actionate accordinly. DX will be accountable to the question of “how productive and efficient” is to be a Developer or Data Scientist in the company.
About the Role
We are looking for people that are passionate about technology with a strategic vision who could set initiatives and lead the technical path we as a company, have to follow. We expect you to help us to have a consistent methodology to handle developer experience in the company.
Who you are
- You are a resourceful person with a go-getter attitude
- You are passionate about the data industry and thirsty for innovation
- You are not afraid to propose and explore new initiatives
- You are a determined and persistent leader who wants to deliver results
- You are flexible, bold, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world
- You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited team
- You are passionate about working on and solving problems
- You’re have a hands-on attitude towards collaborating with teams to implement some specific features
- You have a strong passion about productivity and thinking out of the box about bringing new ideas and solutions for teams to be more effective.
What you'll do
- Bootstrap the team and detect quick wins to define and improve the current state developer experience. Perform an assessment of the current state and consolidate a plan for 2021 to have a company-wide set of standards and tools
- Collaborate with different teams to standardize processes and tools. Generate a knowledge database and reference architectures for common challenges
- Think towards a fully self-serve technology company.
- Accelerate the company by identifying bottlenecks, inefficiencies and quality opportunities and designing solutions to overcome them.
What you'll need
- Strong engineering culture
- Knowledge and experience in Data Engineering projects with Python, Scala, Spark, Flink, or Airflow
- Strong Data-driven mindset
- Knowledge and experience in Infrastructure projects
- Experience working with and leading others through projects execution
- Experience in open source projects is nice to have
- Good experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams since this role involves constant communication with different areas in the company
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this