Staff Database Reliability Engineer
We're looking for a talented and passionate Staff Database Reliability Engineers Software Developer to join Wildlife's Infrastructure team in São Paulo, Brazil or Buenos Aires, Argentina or Dublin, Irlanda.
We seek an engineer with solid knowledge in databases with focus on PostgreSQL, troubleshooting and programming. Since we are always looking for new tools and technologies that better solve our problems, we value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas. We'll need you to be a point of reference to enhance stability and performance of our databases, diagnose problems in the production environment, identify points of improvement and automation, and guarantee that we have the necessary infrastructure to create the best games in the world.
An engineer in our team works with a global scale infrastructure and has a great impact on millions of players. To guarantee the best experience possible, we count with several Kubernetes clusters spread around the world and connected to each other. We are in the cutting edge of open-source infrastructure technology, we adopted Kubernetes in production little after the project was launched and today we use technologies such as eBPF and Cilium in our network stack.
We handle billions of logs daily and have hundreds of nodes and thousands of containers to serve more than millions of requests per minute. We know these numbers will only grow and we're looking for engineers that can help with the challenges of provisioning and operating infrastructure at large scale.
What you'll do
- Automate lifecycle of databases in a high scale environment
- Develop automation to reduce the time to deliver a production-ready DB
- Deliver assessments in major databases, looking for opportunities to improve performance and stability, pointer cover recovery.
- Improve governance on our DBs in an automated way using tools like OPA.
- Troubleshoot and manage incidents in production.
What you'll need
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives
- Solid performance tuning and troubleshooting knowledge on PostgreSQL servers
- Cloud experience, especially in database services like RDS, Aurora or Cloud SQL
- Working experience with at least one automation tool like Ansible, Terraform and Puppet.
- Solid knowledge in at least one programming language. We work mostly with Go and Python
- Infrastructure knowledge. You should be able to discuss in detail what happens under the hood (OS, storage and network).
More about you
- Player focused. We are player oriented and infrastructure has a great impact in their experience. You have empathy with our players and focus on ensuring they have an amazing experience. You aim for a top-level infrastructure, guaranteeing the highest availability possible.
- Automation is key to scaling. We look for engineers that have a history of projecting and executing automation projects in order to get rid of any manual and repetitive tasks.
- Focused on goals. You are willing to identify and look for opportunities to improve your current environment. Status Quo is not a stopper for you!
- Bleeding edge. You are curious and like to study new technologies, test new solutions and measure the impact brought by changes. We want to ensure we are using the best stack possible
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this