Sr UX Design | Games
About the Company
Wildlife is constantly growing and launching world class games due to the amazing teamwork and collaborative work we do across our varied disciplines. Our team works closely with PM's, engineers, artists, game designers, distribution specialists, data scientists, among others, to help develop games that are innovative and impact people's lives all over the globe.
About the Role
As a Wildlife Sr. UX Designer in the XD team, you will be responsible for crafting highly intuitive and delightful user experiences for a variety of our games by conducting user research, competitive benchmarking, developing wireframes, prototyping and task flows based on user and product needs. You take great pride in your work and hold yourself to very high standards. You will help us set the bar higher when it comes to creating a world class UX department in the gaming industry.
More about you
- 6 to 8+ years of experience as a Sr. UX designer in the gaming industry.
- Shipped at least 2 mobile game titles all the way from pre-production to launch
- Expertise in feature flow development, journey mapping and user requirements analysis
- Familiarity of UX design tools for wireframing, prototyping, flow-charts, etc.
- Knowledge about monetization strategies for games
- Understanding of game production pipelines
- A great portfolio showing entire UX process including research, problem, solution and reasonings
- Interest in cognitive sciences
- Strong interest for user-centered design and player experience
- Knowledge of HCD (Human Centred Design) and Design Thinking is a bonus.
- Passion for games
- Experience on team building
- Previous experience mentoring junior members of the team.
- Deep knowledge of casual, mid-core and hard core games and player archetypes.
- Good communication skills and accountable for your tasks.
What you’ll do
- Working with the UX Director, you will help define the UX strategy of your projects.
- Shape the architecture of the game interfaces, based on product requirements and feature specs. from Game Designer and PM’s
- Deliver clear comprehensive UX flows, IA’s and prototypes to Designers and Product Managers.
- Leverage the insights from playtesting and player research to inform your games roadmap and feature designs.
- Create user flows in order to ensure that iterative feedback is incorporated into the development process
- Test the interface inside the game and follow up on technical flaws with elegant solutions
- You will be the keeper of human centered design and be responsible for balancing user needs with business challenges
- Educate various stakeholders and team members about the importance of UX and be a strong advocate for adopting best UX practices within your team
What you'll need
- BA/BS in related discipline, HFI, UX, Psychology or relevant industry experience
- Advanced analytics skills (e.g., statistics, A/B testing, meta analysis)
- Strong familiarity with mobile game genres like mid-core, casual and hard-core
- Games industry background is a must
- Please send a portfolio/ link of your work samples/ case studies from published projects to be considered for this role.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this