We're looking for a talented and passionate Software Engineer to join Wildlife's team in our remote-first approach, all work can be done remotely but we also have offices available in a few countries.
As an engineer, you'll work directly with our Studios in a Box from all across the world to support their game creation, operation, and distribution. Our main goal is to empower our studios and enable them to focus on game design, leveraging our engineering ecosystem to launch amazing games for millions of players.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success. The right person for this position is comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, and loves learning new things and solving problems.
What you'll do
- Integrate existing engineering services (client and server) into different games
- Communicate with multiple engineering and game teams.
- Help design and implement new tools.
- Help identify improvement opportunities for the support the company provides to studios.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- To be able to communicate in English
- Broad analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc).
Nice to have
- Game development experience, specially Unity
- Backend experience, specially Go
- Infrastructure experience, specially AWS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience developing and maintaining systems with high volume of requests
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. With the Studios in a Box initiative, for which this role is central, we aim to scale our impact in the gaming industry.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are focused in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
* Indicates a required field