We're looking for a talented and passionate Semi-Senior/Senior DX Engineer to join Wildlife's DX Engineering Team in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
We are looking for people that are passionate about technology with a strategic vision who could set initiatives and own the technical path we as a company, have to follow. We expect you to help us to have a consistent methodology to handle developer experience in the company.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
About the Team
The DX Engineering team will be responsible to have extraordinary efficiency across the company by detecting opportunities and work with the different areas of SRE, Security, Governance, Data Engineering, ML Engineering and SDK Architecture to gather feedback, observe their pain points in order to craft a vision and collaborate with them so to provide solutions that not only improve the efficiency of the teams but also curates the quality and gives the necessary insights. DX will be accountable to the question of “how productive and efficient” is to be a Developer or Data Scientist in the company.
What you'll do
- Bootstrap the team and detect quick wins to define and improve the current state developer experience. Perform an assessment of the current state and consolidate a plan for 2021 to have a company-wide set of standards and tools
- Collaborate with different teams to standardize processes and tools. Generate a knowledge database and reference architectures for common challenges
- Think towards a fully self-serve technology company.
- Accelerate the company by identifying bottlenecks, inefficiencies and quality opportunities and crafting solutions to overcome them.
What you'll need
- Strong engineering culture;
- Knowledge and experience in Data Engineering projects with Python, Scala, Spark, Flink, or Airflow;
- Strong data-driven mentality;
- Knowledge and experience in Infrastructure projects;
- Experience working with and leading others through projects execution;
- Experience in open-source projects is nice to have;
- Good experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams since this role involves constant communication with different areas in the company.
Who you are
- You are a resourceful person with a go-getter attitude;
- You are passionate about the data industry and with an appetite for innovation;
- You are not afraid to propose and explore new initiatives;
- You are a determined and persistent leader who wants to deliver results;
- You are flexible, ambitious, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world;
- You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited team;
- You are passionate about working on and solving problems
- You have a hands-on attitude towards collaborating with teams to implement some specific features;
- You have a strong passion for productivity and thinking out of the box about bringing new insights and solutions for teams to be more effective.
Once your application has been validated and approved by the recruiter and hiring manager, a recruiter will reach out to you to begin scheduling next steps if applicable depending on transfer type (“Project Transfer” or “Role Transfer“).
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this