Software Development Engineer in Test
About the team
Our Quality Assurance team plays a meaningful role in the development cycle of the game. Working closely with game designers and developers, backend and tool engineers, the team is tasked with ensuring the quality of our games by mixing manual and automated tests. Being up to date with some of the best tools and testing techniques, our team is passionate about improving our processes on each sprint, thus seeking to be a reference to the industry. We are a strong, motivated, and collaborative team, working like a fast, self-organized, and with an out-of-the-box thinking entity. Our quality work is our pride!
About the role
Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) are generalists who implement and integrate tools to aid and make possible the automation process. Includes the game's frontend and backend, creating and modifying servers, setting up virtual machines and containers, creating frameworks that can be used by the Game Studio to improve debugging and code quality assurance processes, and providing tools to gather quality metrics like performance KPIs. Also, they are responsible for making core decisions such as overall architecture and technology stack, and, using their expertise in software quality, may help define tools usage and policies in partnership with game project owners.
More about you
- You are passionate about software development and knows how to ensure its quality;
- You are motivated by building up Back-end services and is aware of its different architectures;
- Experienced working in an environment which uses and stimulates DevOps culture;
- You are creative when solving problems and is constantly seeking for improvements for processes and solutions;
- You can communicate clearly with your team and the company to identify issues and demands;
- You have the autonomy to recognize the current and new priorities, evaluating the impact of their outcomes in the final result.
What you’ll do
- Integrate and extend games/apps to enable new features for automated tests;
- Improve the quality of the automation reports and insights;
- Define what technologies will be used in the tools;
- Work side by side with Game Developers, Tools, and QA team.
Fundamentally you'll be tasked with developing automation tools, plugins, and services that will help manual QA and Game Development teams. It is not necessary to have prior game development experience!
What you'll need
- Broad professional experience in software development;
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc.);
- Great understanding of software testing concepts (testability, escape rate, regression, unit, integration, soak, stress, test automation);
- Solid experience implementing DevOps tools such as Chef, Ansible, Jenkins or similar;
- Graduated in courses related to computing such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, and Systems Analysis and Development.
- Experience with Unity programming language;
- Experience with Test automation;
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with Unity or mobile development (iOS and Android);
- Experience deploying and building services.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
* Indicates a required field