Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
We're looking for a talented and passionate Senior Backend Engineer, to join Wildlife's Creatives Manager team in São Paulo, Brazil.
As a backend engineer, you'll play a key role in building and maintaining a creatives recommendation platform used in all of Wildlife's user acquisition campaigns. You'll work in a multidisciplinary squad composed of software and data engineers and data scientists with the focus of leveraging the work done by our artists and business analysts from the Marketing Art and User Acquisition departments.
Our main goal is to empower and enable each of those teams to do their work faster and better, making our games reach the next billion people. We'll need you to understand both our systems and the business, in order to identify needs and opportunities together with our clients and to design secure, resilient systems with great usability and performance.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Be part of a cross-functional team, directly designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining systems and platform products;
- Work proactively and closely with data scientists, software and data engineers, and product managers to improve our creatives recommendation platform;
- Identify common demands from clients, design and propose solutions that improve everything from their operation to the end-user experience;
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems in the production environment. Being proactive in identifying issues will be key for your success;
- Contribute to the best practices of development, reliability, and availability of our systems.
What you'll need
- University degree in courses related to computing such as Computer Engineering and Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills;
- Proven understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc);
- Knowledge and experience with Python or Go are a differential;
- Knowledge or previous experience in User Acquisition is a differential.
- Empowering teams is key to scaling: We look for engineers that have a history of designing systems and services that enable others to do their best work. You have a keen eye for common features and demands and can build from different requirements and expectations to a common ground. You are happy when you contribute to planning and design discussions;
- Technically skilled: You have deep knowledge about systems design and have built a career focused on studying how to design, maintain, and stable systems with great usability;
- Metrics focused: We are metrics oriented and our systems have a great impact on the work of other teams. You have an analytic mindset and focus on ensuring great visibility to your clients. You aim to create products that leverage data for decision-making.
- Team player: You know that great work can only be achieved through collaboration and diversity of ideas. You are willing to help out wherever needed and are always looking for different inputs from your team.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Wildlife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this