Product Manager / Producer
We're looking for a passionate Product Manager to join Wildlife's team in Shanghai who will lead the game development and operations in China. You'll run the game's vision and be in charge of consolidating and executing this vision throughout its development cycle using a data-driven business sense to improve its overall performance in the market.
Reporting to the General Manager in Shanghai and working closely with the games’ teams, you will also be responsible for evangelizing our global product team about nuances of China culturalization, local market trends and ensuring alignment between China initiatives and the games' global vision.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, love solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you’ll do
- Analyze Wildlife's games performance in China and formulate a China product strategy while presenting clear, measurable objectives to day-by-day tactical activities to improve games' LTV.
- Collaborate with publishing partners, local and global game teams to create the overall monetization and retention strategy.
- Provide product leadership in China (through your own experience, data analyses, local benchmarks, customer/expert interviews, etc.) within the product's core team.
- Work closely with global teams to determine which titles to focus on for China.
- Lead the vision and product roadmap for the game in China including new content, features and live services.
- Ensure our games' technical performance and quality in China are at par with Wildlife's standards while compliant with local regulations.
- Work with customers and stakeholders to drive alignment and communicate product updates;
- Research and share competitive teardowns, market trends, nuances and specificities with management and Studio teams.
- Travel, as necessary, to Brazil or other international locations to meet internal stakeholders or to be a representative of Wildlife at industry events.
What you’ll need
- 4+ years working experience in Chinese Game Industry, delivering at least 2 completed mobile game projects and being able to speak about the key success factors
- Deep understanding of the Chinese mobile gaming market with ability to speak about key differences in mechanics, economy and liveops when compared to Western market
- Capacity for analyzing the Chinese market and adapting the game to the market with culturalization and live services design and experience.
- Advanced analytics skills.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Mandarin.
- Previous start-up experience and working across time zones and cultures is a plus
More about you
- Excited about joining the founding China team of the one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world that will provide you meaningful work, meaningful relationships, continuous meaningful learning, and a team radically committed to producing great products.
- Thoughtful and analytical decision-maker: you consider multiple solutions to the same problem and can see nuance where others don't to decide what level of detail/sophistication you’ll need to make an informed timely decision.
- A structured and creative thinker: with a structured mindset you are able to harness chaos into a logical architecture, where others would give-up you won't, and by digging into benchmarks you're able to uncover unthinkable solutions to your day-by-day problems.
- Eager to learn about and become an expert in technology and product management. Having the intellectual curiosity and motivation to learn and live it day-by-day and to work side by side with technical development teams is definitely a must.
- A natural but humble China advocate: as a knowledgeable person about China game industry and product strategies, you are passionate, committed, self-starter with a high level of initiative, energy, ownership, urgency and desire to develop and grow our games in China.
- A multicultural gamer: you love gaming as much as we do, so you'll plug that passion into providing players' needs with unparalleled focus.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. We create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Today, we have offices in Argentina, Brazil, Ireland, United States and we are now establishing our presence in China! Wildlife Shanghai is one of the most promising initiatives in Wildlife and a unique opportunity to join at the entrepreneurial early stage to help shape our path in China and across the broader Asia region. Our mission is to have our games successful in Asia by bringing to bear local publishing and culturalization expertise.
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this