Principal UX Designer (Moon Tavern)
About Moon Tavern and Wildlife Studios
Moon Tavern Games is a group of old souls looking for a new adventure. We are inspired by the nostalgia, meaning, and craft of classic RPGs in the quest to create new adventures using the modern magic of mobile gaming. We want to work alongside fellow creators who value talent and trust. We welcome both masters and apprentices of the craft to join us at Moon Tavern Games in our mission to bring magic into the world.
Moon Tavern Games is a part of Wildlife Studios. Wildlife is constantly growing and launching world class games due to the amazing teamwork and collaborative work we do across our varied disciplines. Our team works closely with PM's, engineers, artists, game designers, distribution specialists, data scientists, among others, to help develop games that are innovative and impact people's lives all over the globe.
Founded by creatives for creatives: we are building a dream culture, a creative community of trust and transparency and we are looking for a Principal UX Designer who, working alongside the development team, will be responsible for helping drive, shape and build the experience of our game’s world.
About the Role
As a Moon Tavern Principal UX Designer, you will be responsible for crafting highly intuitive and delightful user experiences for new games by conducting user research, competitive benchmarking, developing wireframes, prototyping and task flows based on user and product needs. You take great pride in your work and hold yourself to very high standards. You will help us set the bar higher when it comes to creating a world class UX department in the gaming industry. This is a hands-on role where the individual is expected to be an active member of the game team helping contribute with both content and ideas.
What you’ll do
- You will help define the UX strategy of your projects.
- Shape the architecture of the game, based on product requirements and feature spec. from Game Designers and PM’s
- Deliver clear comprehensive UX flows, IA’s and prototypes to Designers and Product Managers.
- Create user flows in order to ensure that iterative feedback is incorporated into the development process
- Responsible for User Testing and Player Insights, including helping us find the balance between making a game for ourselves and overtesting it
- Leverage the insights from playtesting and player research to inform your game's roadmap and feature designs.
- You will be the keeper of human centered design and be responsible for balancing user needs with business challenges
- Educate various stakeholders and team members about the importance of UX and be a strong advocate for adopting best UX practices within your team
What you'll need
- A high level of passion for RPG games and their development backed by relevant industry experience
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Expertise in feature flow development, journey mapping and user requirements analysis
- Expertise using UX design tools for wireframing, prototyping, flow-charts, etc.
- Knowledge about monetization strategies for games
- Understanding of game production pipelines
- A great portfolio showing entire UX process including research, problem, solution and reasonings
- Previous experience mentoring junior members of the team.
- Deep knowledge of mid-core and hard core games and player archetypes.
- Good communication skills
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
* Indicates a required field