Principal UI Designer (Moon Tavern)
About the Company
Moon Tavern Games is a group of old souls looking for a new adventure. We are inspired by the nostalgia, meaning, and craft of classic RPGs in the quest to create new adventures using the modern magic of mobile gaming. We want to work alongside fellow creators who value talent and trust. We welcome both masters and apprentices of the craft to join us at Moon Tavern Games in our mission to bring magic into the world.
Moon Tavern Games is a part of Wildlife Studios. Wildlife is constantly growing and launching world class games due to the amazing teamwork and collaborative work we do across our varied disciplines. Our team works closely with PM's, engineers, artists, game designers, distribution specialists, data scientists, among others, to help develop games that are innovative and impact people's lives all over the globe.
Founded by creatives for creatives: we are building a dream culture, a creative community of trust and transparency and we are looking for a Principal UI Designer who, working alongside the development team, will be responsible for helping drive, shape and build the experience of our game’s world.
About the Role
As a Principal UI Designer on the Moon Tavern team, you will be responsible for crafting highly intuitive and delightful user interfaces for new games, creating world-class visual experiences from conceptualization to execution, that will delight millions of users around the world.
What you’ll do
- Visualizing the game interface, working with all other disciplines to ensure performance and player understanding within aesthetic and experiential principles
- Master of the “playable look” of the game, connecting gameplay with the imagination and deeper meaning or intentions of game concepts
- Creation of UI kits for consistency and implementation
- Visual development and the creation of mood boards, UI style guidelines, and brand guidelines for video games
- Implementing the UI interfaces you design in Unity
- Creating specifications and documentation for developers
- Advocate for user-centered design solutions
What you'll need
- A high level of passion for RPG games
- Several years of experience in the Games Industry
- Understanding of game production pipelines
- Expertise in UI implementation using Unity
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Software
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge of technical constraints and assets optimisation
- BA/BS in related discipline, Graphic Design, UI, or relevant industry experience
- Strong portfolio showing your expertise in games user interface design
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
* Indicates a required field