Principal Game Designer (Moon Tavern)
About Moon Tavern Games and Wildlife Studios
Moon Tavern Games is a group of old souls looking for a new adventure. We are inspired by the nostalgia, meaning, and craft of classic RPGs in the quest to create new adventures using the modern magic of mobile gaming. We want to work alongside fellow creators who value talent and trust. We welcome both masters and apprentices of the craft to join us at Moon Tavern Games in our mission to bring magic into the world.
Moon Tavern Games is a part of Wildlife Studios. Wildlife is constantly growing and launching world class games due to the amazing teamwork and collaborative work we do across our varied disciplines. Our team works closely with PM's, engineers, artists, game designers, distribution specialists, data scientists, among others, to help develop games that are innovative and impact people's lives all over the globe.
Founded by creatives for creatives: we are building a dream culture, a creative community of trust and transparency and we are looking for a Principal Game Designer who, working alongside the development team, will be responsible for helping drive, shape and build the experience of our game’s world.
About the role
As the Principal Game Designer at Moon Tavern, your job is to make sure the game is a meticulously crafted experience, well-designed as a game from end-to-end because of the details. Your focus is on how all the systems and content in the game motivate the player in an elegant way. Whereas the Director role is the master of the game as a sum of its parts, the Principal is making sure those parts are expertly crafted.
What you’ll do
- Powers the backend of game designs with game systems
- Master of the “motivations” of the game, as driven by overlapping systems that drive experience goals
- Maintains the master plans of how all game systems interact, as the design evolves
- Directly responsible for specifying content that fuels the systems (content, progression, narrative etc) to create deep immersion
- Develops monetization plans alongside Product
- Sets the progression and balance targets for the desired player experience
What you'll need
- Significant contributions to at least one shipped game with ideally multiple game credits showing a history of successful impact over several years
- Absolute passion for playing, understanding, and making video games
- Knowledge of the classics
- In-depth experience across systems design (economy, narrative, content, combat, progression) with an expertise in at least one
- Wide experience in a breadth of game platforms and genres (e.g., Mobile, PC, console, tabletop), so you can easily identify and explain any game's strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to make the complex simple enough for everyone to understand, without sacrificing depth
- Drive to perfect ideas before bringing them to life
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
* Indicates a required field