Principal Backend Software Engineer
USA - Remote
At FoxBear Games, we're bringing our passion and expertise in mobile free-to-play game design together to make awesome experiences that players will love for years. In this role, you'll be working remotely with a small team of talented individuals to make that vision a reality.
We're looking for a principal backend software engineer with several years of experience in games. As an early member of our studio you’ll be expected to contribute more than just code to our vision. As a principal engineer, you are responsible for building and maintaining high-quality complex systems. You will work closely with front end engineers to bring our vision to life. Working well with other engineers and having a good understanding of software development principles is a must. You will collaborate with the team on the best way to approach solutions and have good communication and documentation skills. As a team member, you must be ready to learn and grow with the team. You’ll be working in all stages of development from early prototyping through launching.
What you'll do:
- Build back end mechanics to create fun and interesting experiences.
- Build game systems and integrate with the Wildlife platform.
- Work in a fast paced, innovative, and agile environment while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Contribute to all phases of software development, including ideation, prototyping, design, implementation, launch, and live game support.
What you'll need:
- 7+ years development experience.
- Strong understanding of computer science principles.
- Experience with Android and/or iOS development.
- Launched and operated a live game.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Strong Database understanding and experience.
More about you:
- Excited to work remotely with a small team of veteran game makers.
- An incredible attitude, not only willing to take on any challenge but also eager to encourage and support the rest of the team.
- You are willing to learn and grow continually.
- Happy to tackle the next priority task while also being a self-starter.
- While passionate about performance and tools, you are on board with our “move fast and break things” mindset to move the project forward.
- You’re an amazing team player.
- You build quality software without over-engineering simple problems.
- You’re able to tackle issues on the client, the server, and the communication layer between them.
Nice to have:
- GoLang experience.
- Experience with Cloud Service (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Startup or Small Studio experience.
About FoxBear Games
FoxBear’s goal is to build a studio where amazing talent comes together to create and have fun every day. Work and play are intertwined as we strive to bring experiences to life that our players will love for years to come.
FoxBear Games is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field