Lead Gameplay Programmer
Unity Gameplay Engineer
Wildlife Studios, one of the largest mobile gaming companies in the world, has opened its second independent game studio, SuperWow Games, in Austin, Texas; and Melbourne, Australia.
As a SuperWOW! Games Unity Gameplay Engineer, you will be part of the gameplay team and will be responsible for the development of gameplay systems.
We're looking for a talented and passionate Software Engineer to join SuperWOW! Games. This is a remote working model, anywhere in Australia.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implement new gameplay systems and user tools, in close partnership with the content team.
- Improve, debug, maintain, and optimize existing gameplay systems.
- Offer technical solutions to improve the code quality and performance of gameplay systems.
- Planning and task breakdown of gameplay systems which you will be responsible for.
- Previous experience working as a Unity gameplay engineer
- Strong C# programming experience
- Strong 3D mathematics & linear algebra is a must
- Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials)
- Generalist gameplay knowledge across many areas of gameplay
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
- Character Animation, Locomotion, Combat
- AI, Navigation, Physics
- Camera, UI/UX
- Multiplayer and/or Backend Services experience is useful
- C++ / Objective C / Go Lang experience is useful
- Multiple published game titles on any platform
- Experience working in collaborative creative teams
- Experience working in a multi developer team
- Experience using source control tools such as Git
- Join a diverse, talented team currently based in Australia and Austin USA.
- Flexible work hours.
- Work from Home with all the full-time, big Studio benefits.
- We offer competitive salary
- Full Private dental, life and health insurance on top of benefits package,
More about you
- You're passionate about software development and know how to ensure its quality
- You're motivated by building up engineering services and aware of its different architectures
- You're creative when solving problems and continuously seeking improvements for processes and solutions
- You can communicate clearly with your team and the company to identify issues and demands
- You have the autonomy to identify the current and new priorities, evaluating the impact of their outcomes in the final result.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Indicates a required field