Head of Security & Privacy
Brazil - Remote
About the team
The Security & Privacy team at Wildlife is responsible for securing our player information, protecting our online games and services against attacks and reducing overall risk exposure. We solve this problem by implementing industry best practices, automation and strong relationships with software developers, infrastructure engineers and the IT team.
The team seeks to be a highly visible, responsive and effective team which enables the company to deliver against its strategic aims, by reducing the risk of significant security incidents and data breaches.
Wildlife’s Security & Privacy department is divided in 4 different teams:
- Application Security: They work with developers to set up security control measures during every stage of software development lifecycle. They also develop, implement and use tools and techniques to protect applications that have been deployed, by finding, preventing and/or correcting detected vulnerabilities.
- Cloud Security: The team responsible for defining and enforcing security policies over our Infrastructure and Cloud Services, operated by public cloud providers, including but not limited to software-as-a-service (SaaS), infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), and platform-as-a-service (PaaS).
- Corporate Security: Responsible for the implementation and operation of tools and processes to secure our workstations, end-user devices, office hardware, services and office networks. The team works closely with all company areas to deliver security solutions that allow our world-wide workforce to deliver value in a secure manner.
- Red Team: Wildlife’s offensive security team. Mainly responsible for planning, driving and/or conducting penetration tests, using the same techniques and tools of hackers to evade detection and test the defense readiness of the internal security team. This includes testing for not just vulnerabilities within the technology, but of the people within the organization as well.
About the Role
Wildlife Studios is searching for a Head of Security & Privacy to join our Engineer function. This person will be responsible for developing, implementing and enforcing a strategic security program for our company, and managing the security of our digital assets.
As head of Security & Privacy, you should be able to lead and manage a team whose responsibility is to foster a culture of physical and cyber security awareness that drives behavioral changes within the company.
The Security & Privacy team ensures that the risk to the company’s assets and information posed by a variety of cyber threats (cyber attacks, theft or corruption from within, among others) is minimized. The Security & Privacy team ensures that when cyber attacks occur or data is stolen or compromised, these incidents are dealt with promptly and effectively and the chance of that particular type of incident recurring is minimized.
Ultimately, the Head of Security & Privacy is responsible for:
- Enable secure research, collaboration, teaching and administration by promoting informed and security-driven decisions
- Protect Wildlife’s systems and data by monitoring and managing technical threats
- Drive the design and implementation of secure IT systems across the Company
- Share good practice and foster a strong information security culture
- Set and implement user access controls and identity and access management systems
- Monitor network and application performance to identify irregular activity
- Perform regular audits to ensure security practices are compliant
- Deploy and manage endpoint detection and prevention tools to thwart malicious hacks
- Set up patch management systems to update applications automatically
- Implement comprehensive vulnerability management systems across all assets on-premises and in the cloud
- Work with IT operations to set up a shared disaster recovery/business continuity plan
- Work with HR and/or team leads to educate employees on how to identify suspicious activity
More about you
Successful candidates will be security evangelists who can translate security concepts into language that is meaningful to many audiences, including business and technical leaders and individual contributors. Candidates must be able to approach application security from the perspective of risk management and avoid purely academic thinking about software security. Demonstrable ability to influence decision‐making processes at all levels of a large organization will be critical to success.
Candidates must have strong leadership skills and be effective managers of highly technical individuals. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience speaking in public forums and writing/contributing to technical publications.
Candidates should be familiar with agile development processes and have experience integrating secure development practices.
- Humans > Code. Strong relationships with our organization’s teams is key to a successful security program. We need professionals who can explain complex problems in simple terms and engage in valuable conversations with development teams every time they can.
- Long-term focus. Improving the security of our ecosystem requires us to build strong foundations and think about the long term impact of our actions.
- Automation is key to scaling. We look for people that have a history of proposing, designing and executing automation projects in order to get rid of any manual and repetitive tasks.
- Bleeding edge. You are curious and like to study new technologies, test new solutions and measure the impact brought by changes. We want to ensure we are using the best technology stack possible
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this