Game Engineering Director
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. In eight years, our gaming titles have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times providing fun to millions of people, every day, everywhere.
We are not done yet. We aspire to develop games that will be remembered by generations. To achieve this goal, we pursue to be best-in-class in each of our major disciplines: Product, Engineering, Art, Marketing, and Data. That’s why we are rapidly expanding and building talented and passionate teams in our offices in Argentina, Brazil, Ireland, and the US.
About the Team
You will work in game squads, which are usually composed of 5 to 8 people including: a Product Manager, a Tech Lead, a Lead Artist, engineers, and artists. All team members are co-creators of their game and are responsible for all its aspects. They collaborate to create the next major release or improve existing hits, using an iterative process.
About the Role
As a Game Engineering Director, you will have a team of software engineers working on different game projects. You will be responsible for hiring and developing your team, using tools like structured 1on1 meetings and formal performance reviews.
You will also be part of game projects where you will be involved in core decisions such as the overall software architecture and technology stack. You will be involved in the design of all technical aspects of the game, such as gameplay mechanics, metagame logic, and game world economy, both in the mobile app and in the server. You will coach all engineers inside the project and perform design reviews.
You will work close to the Product Manager to define the engineering roadmap and project's top priorities.
You will work closely with other leaders to define and fulfill department-wide goals, focused on improving our processes and ensuring that we have a world-class engineering organization.
Who you are
- Passionate about people. You love listening to and helping others. You are a team player and can interact with people from different backgrounds
- You are a self-aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people you work with.
- Passionate about technology. Learning new tools, frameworks, libraries and ways to do things is fun for you.
- Self-driven. You have a go-getter attitude, exceptional organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks.
- You are player focused. You have empathy with our players and focus on ensuring that they have an amazing experience.
- You're flexible, bold, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited team; you are passionate about working on and solving problems.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the Recruiting department to hire for your team. Define a number of positions and profiles. Help in sourcing, reaching out, interviewing, making offers and onboarding.
- Improve your team by providing feedback in the day to day, bi-weekly 1on1 meetings and formal semi-annual performance reviews
- Adjust your team compensation based on results produced in each compensation review cycle
- Review the overall software architecture of new game projects and new features
- Ship new versions to production, monitor metrics and user feedback after the release
- Perform design reviews of other people’s work
- Estimate engineering-related tasks making assumptions about dependencies and risks clear
- Plan releases and sprints
- Provide timely visibility of development status and risks to interested parties
- Proactively look for problems in processes and propose improvements
- Help defining department OKRs (Objectives and Key Results), and owning some of them
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
* Indicates a required field