Backend Engineering Manager
We're looking for a talented and passionate Backend Developer Engineer, to join Wildlife's Game Services team in São Paulo, Brazil.
As a Backend Engineer, you'll work directly with the games' teams to develop world-class systems and services for our games. You'll also work closely with other teams such as data science, data engineer, SRE to empower the Studio and enable them to do their work faster. We'll need you to understand our systems flows, identify common demands from games and other teams and design resilient systems with great usability and performance.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
About the team
The Backend Team at Wildlife is reinventing itself. It started providing services for the games' online features and has since evolved to provide a platform that leverages the best of our teams when creating, operating and distributing our games.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and to achieve that, we work with a broad technology stack and have an approach of being fully responsible for our systems, from their conception to incident resolution and troubleshooting in production.
We own several services that, combined, serve more than 1 million requests per minute. We know this number will only grow, and we're looking for engineers that can help with the challenges of developing backend systems that perform well at a large scale.
What you'll do
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain systems that will be shared across our games. It is therefore essential to guarantee their scalability and availability. Some examples:
- Identify common demands from games, design, and propose solutions that improve everything from our development process to the end-user experience.
- Develop tools that facilitate the work of other teams and make them go faster.
- Develop and monitor platforms on which we concentrate our current production stack.
- Detect and fix problems in a production environment.
- Contribute to the best practices of development, reliability, and availability of our systems.
- Handle great volumes of data in real-time systems.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc).
More about you
- Player focused. We are player-oriented and our servers and systems have a great impact on their experience. You have empathy with our players and focus on ensuring they have an amazing experience. You aim for a top-level system design, guaranteeing the highest availability possible.
- Empowering teams is key to scaling. We look for engineers that have a history of designing systems and services that enable others to do their best work. You have a keen eye for common features and demands and can build from different requirements and expectations to a common ground.
- High scale and low-latency. You are excited about the challenges brought by the high scale and low-latency requirements. You thrive when discussing the architecture and best practices of such systems and have great attention when developing its internals to ensure an efficient and easily maintainable code.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this