Director of Engineering - DSP
We're looking for a talented and passionate Director of Engineering to join Wildlife's DSP team (full remote based)
Wildlife is one of the largest gaming companies in the world. Besides building amazing games, part of the reason it has been super successful has been its ability to acquire new users more efficiently than other companies. To keep strengthening its user acquisition capabilities and competitive advantages, around 2.5 years ago, Wildlife started building its proprietary real-time ad buying technology platform (DSP – Demand Side Platform), which competes in millions of auctions per second against Facebook, Google, and other marketing channels across all mobile in-app ads inventory.
The DSP's main goal is to leverage Wildlife's first-party data to buy advertising space so we can promote our games more effectively than other marketing channels across all mobile app inventory available.
We know that our work has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, love solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Lead the DSP's technology team: Backend Engineering, Machine Learning Engineering, and Data Science
- Ensure high-quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues
- Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business goals
- Partner with Product Management to deliver a vision that maximizes business results
- Ensure our ICs and managers grow and succeed – build a growth plan together with them that is actionable, ambitious, and motivating
- Be very hands-on, meaning you will need to understand deeply how the system works and how to debug it
- Work alongside some of the most experienced and creative people in the ad tech ecosystem, and together help redefine what success looks like in our industry
Some challenges we have to solve
- Scaling a system that needs to manage 1M requests/second while keeping response latency under 100ms and infrastructure costs under control
- Building a platform that allows Data Scientists to experiment with a lot of flexibility and speed. Essentially, you are in charge of ensuring that our Data Scientists are limited only by their ideas, while not compromising the system's technical requirements.
- Help an already highly talented team continue to grow
- Identifying the skill gaps, we have in the team and ensuring we get them covered, either by developing people or by hiring the right talent when needed
- Improve the business performance delivered by our platform
What you'll need
- Strong IC track record
- 5+ years of experience working with distributed systems, mostly as an IC
- You have exercised a meaningful role in building a technically complex platform you are proud of
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience building data-intensive applications
- Experience building low-latency, high-throughput, distributed backend services
- Great communication skills, both written and oral
- Fluent English speaker
Our stack (experience with it is a plus!)
- Go, Python
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this