Data Science Manager
We're looking for a talented and passionate Data Science Manager to join Wildlife's team in Buenos Aires/São Pablo.
As a Data Science Manager, you are expected to be a good organizational leader as well as being comfortable discussing deep technical subjects and getting your hands dirty when necessary. You will run a team that is fundamental to Wildlife's business strategy, training, and managing highly competent data scientists. You will collaborate with other leaders from Data Science as well as other disciplines to design and build great data-based products. Finally, you will be responsible for making sure your team's priorities are aligned to the company strategy, execution is fast, and deliverables quality is exceptional.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do:
- Run a team of data scientists developing RTB (Real Time Bidding) algorithms to price 1M+ queries per second under very restrictive latency conditions, …
- Manage and develop top-notch data scientists, being responsible for their technical and professional development.
- Collaborate with other leaders in Engineering and Data Science to deliver great data products that are fundamental to our company strategy.
- Work in a challenging, fast-paced and fun environment to produce exceptional results
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience working as a data scientist or machine learning engineer on technically challenging problems
- 1+ year of experience as a manager of technical teams
- Your knowledge of statistics solid
- You have great coding skills, and are familiar with scripting languages (Python, R), distributed computing (Spark, Presto or Hive) and version control (Git)
- Knowledge about reinforcement learning
- Experience with model deployment at scale
- Experience with product analytics
More about you:
- You combine technical knowledge and business savvy
- You've worked with ETL pipelines implementation and handled technically challenging problems
- You've worked with data modelling focused on scalable visualization tools
- You are motivated by the value you generate to the business through your data
- You communicate in a clear and effective way in different media
- You like to navigate on a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- You are an excellent teammate and raise the bar of those around
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this