Data Science Manager — Live Ops
We're looking for a talented and passionate Data Science Manager, to join Wildlife's Monetization Tools team in São Paulo, Brazil.
As a Data Science Manager, you are expected to be a good organizational leader — but also comfortable discussing deeply technical topics and rolling up your sleeves when necessary. You will run and grow a team that is fundamental to Wildlife's business strategy by hiring, training, and leading highly competent data scientists. Also, you will collaborate with leaders from other disciplines to design and build great data-based products. Finally, you will contribute to making sure the team's priorities are aligned with the overall company strategy, crafting an ambitious vision and a roadmap that get us there while delivering value on the way.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Run a team of data scientists developing recommendation algorithms to personalize user experience in Wildlife's games
- Hire, train, and lead outstanding data scientists alongside whom you are proud to work
- Collaborate with other leaders in Engineering and Product to deliver great data products
- Be part of a highly-skilled data science chapter, owning initiatives to improve quality processes, metrics, and tooling
- Work in a challenging and fun environment to produce outstanding results
What you'll need
- Proven experience working as a data scientist or machine learning engineer on technically challenging problems
- Experience working as a manager of technical teams
- Knowledge of statistics, machine learning, and model deployment at scale that is both broad and deep
More about you
- You are excited by the idea of building an ambitious organization and running it as well
- You are impact-driven and have a keen eye for high-value opportunities to develop data science projects
- Prior to becoming a manager, you have worked as a data scientist or machine learning engineer on technically challenging problems
- You communicate in a clear and effective way in different media
- You are an excellent teammate and raise the bar of those around
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this