Corporate Security Engineer
About the team
The information security team at Wildlife is responsible for securing our player information, protecting our online games against attacks and reducing overall risk exposure. We solve this problem by implementing industry best practices, automation and strong relationships with developers, infrastructure engineers and the IT team.
A senior enterprise security engineer working in our team implements tools and processes to secure our workstations, hardware, services and office networks. We work closely with all company areas to deliver security solutions that allow our world-wide workforce to deliver value in a secure manner.
About the role
Wildlife Studios is searching for a senior Corporate Security Engineer to join our team. This person will work as part of a team that analyzes which tools and processes need to be implemented to reduce cybersecurity risk, prioritize and decide the team's next steps, and implement them in an efficient manner.
We leverage tools for endpoint protection to identify and remove malware, and MDM services to enforce security best practices, such as disk encryption, in our MacBook and Windows device fleet.
We follow vendor and industry best practices to configure the security features of third-party services such as GMail, Zoom, Slack and BambooHR.
You'll need to understand our device fleet and tools, identify potential weaknesses, propose, design and implement solutions that will lower the overall risk. Since we are always looking for new tools and technologies that better solve our problems, we value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.
This person will also perform light-weight incident response investigations for malware and phishing by following predefined playbooks.
This role is part of the Security and Privacy organization within Wildlife Studios and works closely with the Corporate IT department to achieve shared goals.
More about you
- Automation is key to scaling. We look for engineers that have a history of proposing, designing and executing automation projects in order to get rid of any manual and repetitive tasks.
- Long-term focus. Improving the security of our corporate networks and services requires us to build strong foundations and think about the long term impact of our actions.
- Bleeding edge. You are curious and like to study new technologies, test new solutions and measure the impact brought by changes. We want to ensure we are using the best possible tools
- Strong communication skills. You have clear, objective, and efficient oral and written communication skills. It is very important to bring not only a good technical background, but also excellent communication skills!
What you’ll do
- Implement tools that will identify and manage threats across our organization
- Work together with stakeholders from different departments to secure their tools
- Define monitoring and observability patterns for security events
- Analyze, test and decide which tools will be implemented for securing the organization
What others in this role have done
- Configure VmWare Workspace One and Microsoft Intune to implement security features
- Develop automations to install threat detection agents across all our workstation fleet
- Research and implement security best practices for Google Workspace and Zoom Enterprise
- Implement a security awareness program for all company employees using Security Training Platform
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Be able to communicate fluently in English (interviews will be held in this language). This role will work together with people from Brazil, Argentina and Ireland.
- In-depth MacOS or Windows knowledge. You should be able to discuss in detail what happens under the hood (OS, network, drivers, permission model) and use this knowledge during malware and phishing investigations.
- At least three years of experience implementing tools to detect and respond to malware, phishing and ransomware.
- At least three years of experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools to manage Mac OS and Windows device fleets.
- Solid knowledge in at least one scripting language
- Experience with network security (eg. firewall and router management)
- Experience with zero trust networking
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this