Backend Staff Engineer - DSP
Wildlife is one of the largest gaming companies in the world. Besides building amazing games, part of the reason it has been super successful has been its ability to acquire new users more efficiently than other companies. To keep strengthening its user acquisition capabilities and competitive advantages, around 2.5 years ago Wildlife started building its proprietary real-time ad buying technology platform (DSP – Demand Side Platform), which competes in millions of auctions per second against Facebook, Google, and other marketing channels across all mobile in-app ads inventory.
The DSP's main goal is to leverage Wildlife's first-party data to buy advertising space so we can promote our games more effectively than other marketing channels across all mobile app inventory available.
What you'll do
- Mentor and share knowledge with team members
- Act as a force multiplier to the team by working side by side with each engineer
- Support and improve the infrastructure that powers the platform (includes being on a weekly on-call rotation)
- Partner with Data Science and Machine Learning Engineering to ensure we are making the right technical decisions
- Design, engineer & implement highly-available, fault-tolerant, distributed systems enhancing our real-time bidding system
- Raise the technical bar
- Partner with Business Analysts to triage potential issues with ad exchange integrations
- Help build the engineering vision
- Connect engineering enhancements with business requirements
- Report progress in meetings with stakeholders
- Run interviews
What you'll need
- 4+ years of experience working with distributed systems
- You have exercised a meaningful role in building a technically complex platform you are proud of
- Experience building data-intensive applications
- Experience building low-latency, high-throughput, distributed backend services
- Deep understanding of computer architectures, networking, operating systems, data structures, and algorithms
- Have good team communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of profiling and debugging distributed services
- Experience with distributed system observability metrics, using it for data driven design decisions
- Great communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid infrastructure knowledge
- Fluent English speaker
More about you
- Scaling a system that needs to manage 1M requests/second while keeping response latency under 100ms
- Building a platform that allows Data Scientists to experiment with a lot of flexibility and speed. Essentially, you are in charge of making sure that our Data Scientists are limited only by their ideas, while not compromising the technical requirements of the system
- Improve the business performance delivered by our platform
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this