Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. In eight years, our gaming titles have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times providing fun to millions of people, every day, everywhere.
We are not done yet. We aspire to develop games that will be remembered by generations. To achieve this goal, we pursue to be best-in-class in each of our major disciplines: Product, Engineering, Art, Marketing, and Data. That’s why we are rapidly expanding and building talented and passionate teams in our offices in Argentina, Brazil, Ireland, and the US.
About the Team
The mission of the Audio team is to create top quality audio for all aspects of Wildlife’s projects: from establishing high-level tone in-game with great music and careful sound aesthetic design to responsive low-level audio elements that are tightly connected with game design and player mechanics.
About the Role
As a senior Audio programmer, you will be responsible for determining the standard way that different game teams will have audio integrated. Among other things, this will include proposing the middleware our games will use and what sound modules should look like such that sound designers have a standard way to work across games.
You will maintain strong relationships with sound designers in the Audio team and engineers in game teams to make sure that sound modules are efficient both from a development and an execution perspective.
Who you are
- Passionate about technology. Learning new tools, frameworks, libraries, and ways to do things is fun for you. You are motivated by tackling difficult technical challenges
- You like listening to and helping others. You are a team player and can interact with people from different backgrounds
- You are a leader. You are able to inspire a team, driving alignment, and leading it to achieve challenging goal
- Self-driven. You have a go-getter attitude, exceptional organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks.
- You are flexible, bold, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- You actively seek to understand the current context of team, game project, and company goals in order to propose solutions that improve on what is in place.
- You enjoy getting people on the same page by getting alignment over the priorities and the plan.
What you'll do
- Development and maintenance of robust audio pipeline for Wildlife’s in-house technology
- Optimization of audio performance to provide better user experience and wider platform support
- Development of new tools for the audio design team
- Designing innovative audio-driven gameplay or new apps and utilities with game/audio designers
- R&D of audio tech for Wildlife’s future projects
What you’ll need
- Experience with Unity audio design and implementation methodology
- Proficiency in low-level programming (C/C++)
- 3+ years of experience of working in audio middleware or other technology
- Deep understanding of at least one of common OS native audio API (e.g. Core Audio, XAudio, AAudio, Web Audio)
- Deep understanding of at least one of common audio middleware API (Fmod, Wwise, ADX or Fabric)
- Ability to focus and work independently, but also possessing strong communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for games
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this