We're looking for a talented and passionate Audio Programmer to join Wildlife's Studio Engineering team in São Paulo (Brazil).
As a Senior Audio Programmer, you'll be responsible for settling standard ways that game teams will have audio integrated. Among other things, this will include proposing the middleware our games will use and what sound modules should look like such that sound designers have a standard way to work across games.
You'll maintain positive relationships with sound designers in the Audio team and engineers to assure that sound modules are efficient both from a development and an execution perspective.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
About the Team
The mission of the Audio team is to build top-quality audio for all aspects of Wildlife’s projects: from establishing high-level tone in-game with extraordinary music and careful sound aesthetic design to responsive low-level audio elements that are tightly connected with game design and player mechanics.
What you'll do
- Development and maintenance of audio pipeline for Wildlife’s in-house technology
- Optimization of audio performance to provide better user experience and wider platform support
- Development of new tools for the audio design team
- Crafting innovative audio-driven gameplay or new apps and utilities with game/audio designers
- R&D of audio tech for Wildlife’s future projects
What you’ll need
- Experience with Unity audio design and implementation methodology
- Proficiency in low-level programming (C/C++)
- Proven experience of working in audio middleware or other technology
- Deep understanding of at least one of common OS native audio API (e.g. Core Audio, XAudio, AAudio, Web Audio)
- Deep understanding of at least one of common audio middleware API (Fmod, Wwise, ADX or Fabric)
- Ability to focus and work independently, but also possess strong communication and teamwork skills
- A passion for games!
Who you are
- Passionate about technology! Learning new tools, frameworks, libraries, and ways to do things is fun for you. You are motivated by pursuing technical challenges.
- You like listening to and helping others. You are a great teammate and can work well with people from different backgrounds.
- You are a leader. You can inspire a team, driving alignment, and leading it to achieve a challenging goal.
- Self-driven. You have a go-getter attitude, exceptional interpersonal skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks.
- You are flexible, ambitious, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- You actively seek to understand the current context of the team, game project, and company goals to propose solutions that improve on what is in place.
- You enjoy getting people on the same page by getting alignment over the priorities and the plan.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this