Art Engineer - Vaga afirmativa para Mulheres
We're looking for a talented and passionate Tech Artist focused on performance and optimization to join Wildlife's Graphics Engineering team.
As a Tech Artist, you'll participate directly in the game development of multiple titles, focusing on identifying, designing, and implementing solutions to improve the technical performance of the art inside the game engine. You will partner with artists, game engineers and graphics engineers in the day to day to implement the required performance improvements.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Be part of a cross-product team, directly contributing to feature development and maintenance;
- Partner with colleagues to build, maintain and train best practice performance guidelines for artists and UI engineers;
- Provide the team with an art performance strategy that supports the team's delivery goals and aligns with the overall Wildlife's' performance metrics strategy;
- Be part of a highly-skilled quality team, owning initiatives to improve performance processes, metrics, and tooling.
- Assess the technical performance of our games, identifying improvement opportunities that can be made in all areas of the product, mainly regarding art and scenes optimizations;
- Research and develop new techniques for producing game features, art, UI, and VFX with the proper technical performance;
- Support and guide in-production game assets, fix and optimize live games assets and scenes, and support the game artists relating to the graphics and performance tools usage;
- Share the produced knowledge to the entire company through documentation and practical workshops;
What you'll need
- Experience working as a Tech Artist in mobile games dealing with Unity engine profiling and optimizations;
- Experience working with 3D software (Blender, Maya or 3DMax);
- Experience working with image tools (Photoshop, Gimp, Krita, Substance Design, etc);
- Basic knowledge of VFX, Rigging, Animation, Environment, and art pipelines;
- Basic programming skills for scripts, tools/editors, and shaders (at least C# and HLSL);
- Good in structuring and organizing content, but also in documenting everything and making it very accessible for everyone;
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Unity render pipelines, such as Unity built-in, URP and SRP;
- Experience developing games in Unreal Engine;
- Familiarity with agile development processes.
More about you
- You’re passionate about game development and knows how to ensure its quality and performance;
- You´re motivated by building up tools and is aware of its artist-friendly usability;
- You´re creative when solving problems and is continuously seeking improvements for processes and solutions;
- You can communicate clearly with your team and the company to identify issues and demands;
- You have the autonomy to recognize the current and new priorities, evaluating the impact of their outcomes in the final result.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this