Site Reliability Engineer (Senior)
About the team
An engineer in our team works with a global scale infrastructure and has a great impact on millions of players. To guarantee the best experience possible, we count with several Kubernetes clusters spread in four AWS regions and connected to each other. We are in the cutting edge of open-source infrastructure technology, we adopted Kubernetes in production little after the project was launched and today we use technologies such as eBPF and Cilium in our network stack.
The security team focuses on reducing WildLife Studios' risk exposure by implementing information security best practices, leveraging automation, and helping developers deliver value.
The security team works together with internal partners from development and infrastructure areas in order to have a multiplying impact, make security part of the SDLC and infrastructure architecture designs.
About the role
Wildlife Studios is searching for a Senior SRE engineer to join our infrastructure team. We seek an engineer with programming, architecture, performance engineering and preferably some security systems knowledge. Since we are always looking for new tools and technologies that better solve our problems, we value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.
We'll need you to understand our systems, work with the development teams to understand their design architecture and scale and monitor our infrastructure so our systems run reliably and efficiently in production minimizing any possible downtime.
More about you
- Automation is key to scaling. We look for engineers that have a history of proposing, designing and executing automation projects in order to get rid of any manual and repetitive tasks.
- Long-term focus. Improving the reliability and reducing the manual operational work of our infrastructure requires us to build strong foundations and think about the long term impact of our actions.
- Bleeding edge. You are curious and like to study new technologies, test new solutions and measure the impact brought by changes. We want to ensure we are using the best stack possible
- Calm and pragmatism. When everything seems to be falling apart around you, you have a plan and keep calm.
What you’ll do
- Work with development teams to understand their needs and design solutions
- Implement and likely contribute to open source tools to manage and automate our AWS infrastructure and Kubernetes clusters.
- Develop Lambda functions and other more complex tools to automate processes in our infrastructure
- Define monitoring and observability patterns for application workloads and events.
- Work in SDLC related tasks like CI / CD and application rollouts.
- Write IaC modules in terraform so developers can easily provision the infrastructure blocks for their applications
- Define monitoring and observability patterns.
- Troubleshoot and manage incidents in production.
What you'll need
It is important to notice that experience in infrastructure security is optional, we'll take care of training an experienced DevOps engineer that has an interest in security.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Linux knowledge. You should be able to discuss in detail what happens under the hood (SO, kernel, network).
- At least two years experience managing AWS deployments.
- At least two years experience managing Kubernetes clusters.
- Solid knowledge in at least one programming language. We work mostly with Python and Go.
- Experience with large scale production systems and technologies.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring systems (eg: Datadog, Statsd, Grafana, etc).
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools (eg: Ansible, Terraform, etc).
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka and Emqtt.
- Experience with database management (Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (eg: Jenkins, Travis, etc).
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this