Visual Designer (All Levels)
About the Team
The Art Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. Our games connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That's no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.
About the Role
Our Visual Designers work on finding solutions to complex systems with a focus on visual clarity and design cohesiveness. The Visual Designers collaborate with production, engineering and creative leaders to establish the first and most important point of contact with the players, the User Interface (UI). They also help build and maintain a solid visual identity for our IPs inside and outside our games.
Who you are:
- Craft Knowledge: You use your knowledge and taste in composition, colors, layout, and typography to create high quality design assets such as HUDS, menus, buttons, icons, etc. You also have experience building and maintaining Style Guides and Libraries.
- Team Player: You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and shares knowledge.
- Multidisciplinary: You are a visual designer with a multidisciplinary approach, you have illustration and logo design in your skill set.
- Visual Presentation: You care about presentation, you have an online portfolio with proven experience designing interfaces for products on mobile platforms.
- Software Expertise: You know your way through Adobe Suite and are curious to learn new software. You are also up to date with screen design tools, such as Figma and Sketch.
What you'll do:
- Collaboration: You will work closely with Art Directors to help establish a cohesive look for our games. You will also work with various other disciplines such as UX Designers, Engineers, Designers and Product Managers to deliver user-friendly experiences to our players.
- Game Developer Mindset: You will create and implement optimized design assets with your understanding of how players experience content while working under tight deadlines.
- Communication: You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Branding: Support additional designs for game specific branding inside and outside the game.
What you'll need:
- Experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer or similar role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your work.
- You have experience working in games; especially mobile titles.
- You know your way around at least one game engine (especially Unity or Unreal) and understand the various parts of the game development pipeline.
- You own a basic knowledge of motion graphics and 3d asset creation.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Please note that an art test may be required during the evaluation process.
About the Wildlife
Wildlife Studios is an independent mobile game studio started in 2011 and headquartered in São Paulo, Brazil. The company is growing, and we’re on a mission to build our creative capability.
At Wildlife we’re committed to being a company where the best talent can do their best work. Our goal is to create great games, worlds players escape to, and characters they can’t live without. This is our aspiration, and we know it’s no small task. Our secret weapon is our people, and the company is built to support them. We’re looking for world class talent inspired to be a part of this journey.
We believe video games will be the source of the world's most beloved entertainment franchises. We hope to accelerate this transition by making iconic games that will be remembered and shared for generations.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on this mission at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Irvine (United States), and San Francisco (United States).
* Indicates a required field