Senior UX Design | Games
About the role
As a Wildlife Sr. UX Designer in the XD team, you will be responsible for crafting highly intuitive and delightful user experiences for a variety of our games by conducting user research, competitive benchmarking, developing wireframes, prototyping and task flows based on user and product needs. You take great pride in your work and hold yourself to very high standards. You will help us set the bar higher when it comes to creating a world class UX department in the gaming industry.
More about you
- 6 to 8+ years of experience as a Sr. UX designer in the gaming industry.
- Shipped at least 2 mobile game titles all the way from pre-production to launch
- Expertise in feature flow development, journey mapping and user requirements analysis
- Familiarity of UX design tools for wireframing, prototyping, flow-charts, etc.
- Knowledge about monetization strategies for games
- Understanding of game production pipelines
- A great portfolio showing entire UX process including research, problem, solution and reasonings
- Interest in cognitive sciences
- Strong interest for user-centered design and player experience
- Knowledge of HCD (Human Centred Design) and Design Thinking is a bonus.
- Passion for games
- Experience on team building
- Previous experience mentoring junior members of the team.
- Deep knowledge of casual, mid-core and hard core games and player archetypes.
- Good communication skills and accountable for your tasks.
What you'll do
- Working with the UX Director, you will help define the UX strategy of your projects.
- Shape the architecture of the game interfaces, based on product requirements and feature specs. from Game Designer and PM’s
- Deliver clear comprehensive UX flows, IA’s and prototypes to Designers and Product Managers.
- Leverage the insights from playtesting and player research to inform your games roadmap and feature designs.
- Create user flows in order to ensure that iterative feedback is incorporated into the development process
- Test the interface inside the game and follow up on technical flaws with elegant solutions
- You will be the keeper of human centered design and be responsible for balancing user needs with business challenges
- Educate various stakeholders and team members about the importance of UX and be a strong advocate for adopting best UX practices within your team
What you'll need
- BA/BS in related discipline, HFI, UX, Psychology or relevant industry experience
- Advanced analytics skills (e.g., statistics, A/B testing, meta analysis)
- Strong familiarity with mobile game genres like mid-core, casual and hard-core
- Games industry background is a must
- Please send a portfolio/ link of your work samples/ case studies from published projects to be considered for this role.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this