Lead Game Designer
About the role
As a Wildlife Game Designer Lead, your job is to surprise and delight our players. Work closely with the art, engineering, and product teams to create new and incredible player experiences on mobile platforms. This person will be into the next generation of games so that, if you are someone who has an incredible amount of game ideas and is willing to work with the best and most experienced people, come work with us!
More about you
- Massive ideas of new game prototypes have knowledge of the design of early game concepts;
- Ability to think logically with a high level of attention to detail;
- Strong & concise communicator of game concepts;
- Hunger and passion for making and playing games, being curious and thinking critically about why games succeed and fail;
- Smart, creative, and curious by nature, you are constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something.
- Help manage and build the team providing frequent guidance and feedback
What you’ll do
- Implement play-tests and refine game design features with consideration to gameplay fun-factor, difficulty balance, quality, and optimization;
- Develop “proof of concept” of new game content and features to demonstrate its feasibility;
- Develop controls and interfaces that bring the vision of the producer/product manager into a playable experience;
- Deconstruct competitor data, analyze other games' mechanics and systems to implement and improve on them;
- Develop A/B tests to get essential and relevant information about users;
- Participates and contributes to focus test set-up, evaluations, coordination and analysis;
- Manage the tuning and pacing of player progression and help design the tools required for this process;
- Define monetization strategies with the product manager to balance the economic system:
- IAPs & sales, reward schedules, player segmentation, discounts;
- Permanently evaluate the coherence of economic systems, from a balancing perspective (future updates, sales, new game modes);
- Lead the team that you will be in charge of.
What you'll need
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games;
- In-depth experience in-game and systems design;
- Experience in a breadth of game platforms and genres (e.g., Mobile, PC, console, tabletop), so you can easily identify and explain any game's strengths and weaknesses;
- Ability to collaborate within a game development team.
- The capacity of crafting analysis at both detailed and high level;
- Keeping your knowledge up-to-date with industry standards and world-class innovations and best practices;
- Drive to develop the best mobile gaming experiences and ultimately launch global hits.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this