Lead Creative Director
About the Team
The Performance Marketing team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. Our games connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences. That's no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.
In User Acquisition, we are responsible for creating the high performing ads for our games with videos seen tens of millions of times every single day. We need to be constantly studying our performance as well as the mobile gaming marketing trends, testing new ads, and analyzing all the performance data we have from both tests and live campaigns. A big factor for the success of a game is how well it is promoted. This is mainly determined by the performance of our ads with a focus on always having a consistent stream of new and relevant content for Wildlife games around the world. The successful candidate will marry a strong passion for entertainment, composition, and story beats with a hearty curiosity for innovation and data, to define the creative strategy for our titles
You will manage a small team of creative leaders that create and prioritize ideas that maximize our campaign ad performance. You will also help spearhead the prototype department to creative quick iterations of campaign ideas for testing before rolling out full CG experiences.
The impact and success of this role will be based on the ability to direct and produce high performing and compelling creative work across numerous internal project teams. You will build and manage the creative direction team to build multiple high performing creative campaigns helping drive the growth of our games. The content that you and your team will deliver will be seen by millions of eyes around the globe. You will use past learnings, testing and competitors' creatives insights to create new creatives and prioritize their production.
Who you are:
- Creative Leadership: You have years of experience working in a lead, supervisor, or director capacity in a game/film/marketing production environment. You are able to promote a performance-driven culture within your team. You engage with the team about results, roots causes, and takeaways.
- Inspirational: You have demonstrated the ability to inspire creative teams that has led to increasing productivity goals and efficiencies.
- Organization: You have experience helping create and influence department schedules that ensure proper workflow and product deliveries.
- Adaptability: You have demonstrated an ability to manage a group of creative talent in a dynamically changing production environment.
- Bard: You know how to tell a good story, how to capture, excite and intrigue a global audience with appropriate pacing, detail, and core structure.
- Team Player: You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and shares knowledge.
- Data Curiosity: Innately curious and thrive on insights from data, and able to identify creative opportunities in content and translate these into sharp creative briefs.
What you'll do:
- Management and Team Building: You will be responsible for hiring, training, mentorship and development of a team of Creative Directors to ensure the creation of high performing creative campaigns.
- Creative Generation: You will question and help improve our creation process. You understand how our success ideas were created and what works and not for each game by analyzing data. You will help indirectly write creative briefs that are grounded in data and insights. Review campaign and artwork performance metrics by analyzing winning trends and determining a path for better creative deliverables.
- Production prioritization: You critically question/review the rationale of how we decide which creative ideas to produce based on the results of tests.
- Planner: You will help create and implement action plans for the department's future success.
- Solutions Oriented: You will demonstrate your ability to proactively problem solve and explore various options to accomplish product goals by creating effective marketing campaigns across our various social/gaming platforms.
- Critical Thinking: We need more than pretty words here, we need creative problem solving at a high level. Our Games are live experiences that are constantly evolving that will often require lots of creative variety that captures the essence of our gaming worlds by responding to these needs quickly, intelligently, and creatively.
- Communication: You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and diverse work environment to keep our executive teams updated and ensure alignment with our game development teams to create compelling creative ideas to attract additional players to our gaming experiences.
- Collaboration: You will work with various other disciplines in our UA team such as data scientists, technical staff and CG artists to create cross discipline experiences.
What you'll need:
- Experience working as a writer in Advertising, CG, Comics, Games, or comparable digital media.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your ability to create and carry a vision for a creative product.
- You have experience working in games; especially mobile titles.
- You have written and published your own work, or have edited a published work.
- You speak Portuguese, or have an understanding of latin-based language.
Please note that a writing test may be required during the evaluation process.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Wildlife Studios is an independent mobile game studio started in 2011 and headquartered in São Paulo, Brazil. The company is growing, and we’re on a mission to build our creative capability.
At Wildlife we’re committed to being a company where the best talent can do their best work. Our goal is to create great games, worlds players escape to, and characters they can’t live without. This is our aspiration, and we know it’s no small task. Our secret weapon is our people, and the company is built to support them. We’re looking for world class talent inspired to be a part of this journey.
We believe video games will be the source of the world's most beloved entertainment franchises. We hope to accelerate this transition by making iconic games that will be remembered and shared for generations
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on this mission at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Irvine (United States), Dublin (Ireland), and San Francisco (United States).
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this