We're looking for a talented and passionate Art Director to join us at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Irvine (United States), and San Francisco (United States).
Our Art Directors are creative leaders that create and maintain the artistic vision of our products at Wildlife Studios. The Art Director will be an inspirational leader, the torch-bearer for our art department who empowers our team to envision visually stunning mobile games for the global community.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
About the Team
The Art Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. They connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That's no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of outstanding talents, a team passionate about synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.
What you'll do:
- Artistic Constraints: You will carry the visual integrity throughout the entire project, ensuring consistency and highest quality within the boundaries of mobile hardware.
- Solutions Oriented: You will demonstrate your ability to proactively problem solve and explore various options to accomplish product goals.
- Collaboration: You will work closely with Creative, Product, Design, and Technical leadership to build high quality products that will resonate with the global gaming community.
- Communication: You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and diverse work environment to keep partners updated and development teams aligned.
- Team Building: You will work with Art Managers and Recruiting to build staffing plans that help achieve both the short-term and long-range goals of the team.
What you'll need:
- Leadership and hands on experience in one or more art subject areas such as concept, 3d modeling, real-time VFX, animation, illustration, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your ability to create and carry a vision for a creative product.
Who you are:
- Creative Leadership: You have years of experience working in a lead, supervisor, art manager or art director capacity in a game/film production environment.
- Artistic Guidance: You have experience defining and aligning a multidisciplinary team behind a creative product vision by providing feedback, guidance, and asset critiques.
- Organization: You have experience helping create and lead schedules that ensure accurate workflow throughout the art department.
- Resourcefulness: You have an ability to run a group of artists in a dynamically changing game production environment.
- Visual Range: You have an ability to work within a wide range of artistic styles and themes to compliment various genres of games.
- You have experience working in games; especially mobile titles.
- You know your way around at least one game engine (especially Unity or Unreal) and understand the various parts of the game development pipeline.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this