About the Team
The Art Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. They connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That's no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.
About the Role
Our Art Directors are creative leaders that create and maintain the artistic vision of our products at Wildlife Studios. The Art Director will be an inspirational leader, the torch-bearer for our art department who empowers our team to envision visually stunning mobile games for the global community.
Who you are:
- Creative Leadership: You have years of experience working in a lead, supervisor, art manager or art director capacity in a game/film production environment.
- Artistic Guidance: You have experience defining and aligning a multidisciplinary team behind a creative product vision by providing feedback, guidance, and asset critiques.
- Organization: You have experience helping create and manage schedules that ensure proper workflow throughout the art department.
- Adaptability: You have demonstrated an ability to manage a group of artists in a dynamically changing game production environment.
- Visual Range: You have demonstrated an ability to work within a wide range of artistic styles and themes to compliment various genres of games.
What you'll do:
- Artistic Constraints: You will carry the visual integrity throughout the entire project, ensuring consistency and highest quality within the boundaries of mobile hardware.
- Solutions Oriented: You will demonstrate your ability to proactively problem solve and explore various options to accomplish product goals.
- Collaboration: You will work closely with Creative, Product, Design, and Technical leadership to create high quality products that will resonate with the global gaming community.
- Communication: You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and diverse work environment to keep stakeholders updated and development teams aligned.
- Team Building: You will work with Art Managers and Recruiting to build staffing plans that help achieve both the short-term and long-range goals of the team.
What you'll need:
- Leadership and hands on experience in one or more art disciplines such as concept, 3d modeling, real-time VFX, animation, illustration, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your ability to create and carry a vision for a creative product.
- You have experience working in games; especially mobile titles.
- You know your way around at least one game engine (especially Unity or Unreal) and understand the various parts of the game development pipeline.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Wildlife Studios is an independent mobile game studio started in 2011 and headquartered in São Paulo, Brazil. The company is growing, and we’re on a mission to build our creative capability.
At Wildlife we’re committed to being a company where the best talent can do their best work. Our goal is to create great games, worlds players escape to, and characters they can’t live without. This is our aspiration, and we know it’s no small task. Our secret weapon is our people, and the company is built to support them. We’re looking for world class talent inspired to be a part of this journey.
We believe video games will be the source of the world's most beloved entertainment franchises. We hope to accelerate this transition by making iconic games that will be remembered and shared for generations.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on this mission at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Irvine (United States), and San Francisco (United States).
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this