Staff Data Engineer
We're looking for a talented and passionate Staff Data Engineer, to join Wildlife's Analytics Engineering team in São Paulo, Brazil.
The Analytics Engineering team is responsible for enabling a strong data-driven culture in the company. Our mission is to empower people to answer their questions and back their decisions with data, and we do this via a high-performance, high-quality robust platform for Analytics that can serve all teams from Game Development to People Analytics and FP&A. We love working with large datasets, low latency data systems, and meaningful business use cases.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Work proactively and closely with many teams (data scientists, product, marketing analysts, etc) to improve our Analytics Platform always aiming to create awesome and scalable solutions that deliver measurable results to our customers;
- Deeply understand the challenges of working with and analyzing data so that we are able to abstract complexity and empower even more our clients in their data endeavors;
- Be responsible for the overall performance and quality being delivered by our Analytics Platform in order to design and lead the execution of improvements;
- Work closely with team members and also people from other departments in order to lift their technical knowledge and performance as well as improving our interfaces;
- Translate and lead implementation of requirements seeking to improve the user and developer experience of our Analytics Platform.
What you'll need
- BS in Computer Science or a related field;
- Strong engineering culture;
- Highly skilled programmer with SQL proficiency;
- Experience with Data Lake and/or Warehouse design;
- Experience with Cloud Computing Services (AWS, GCP, etc);
- Experience working with and leading others through projects execution;
- Knowledge and experience with Python, Scala, Spark, Flink, or Airflow are a differential;
- Experience with and knowledge about Data Visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, etc) are also a differential.
Who you are
- You are an autonomous independent thinker;
- You are a resourceful person with a go-getter attitude;
- You are passionate about the data industry and thirsty for innovation;
- You are not afraid to propose and explore new initiatives;
- You are a determined and persistent leader who wants to deliver results;
- You are flexible, bold, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world;
- You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited team;
- You are passionate about working on and solving problems;
- You are a team player. You're willing to help out wherever needed;
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Wildlife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
* Indicates a required field