Staff Backend Engineering - Game Services
We're looking for a talented and passionate Backend Tech Lead, to join Wildlife's Game Services team in São Paulo, Brazil.
As a Backend Tech Lead, you will play a key role in designing highly scalable, easy-to-use, secure and resilient systems for our Game Services Platform, working closely with Stakeholders, other Tech Leads and the Game Services teams to deliver services that empower the Game Studio to do their work faster and better, making our games reach the next billion people worldwide.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Work closely to Stakeholders to devise solutions that meet business and technical expectations.
- Be part of the development workflow from implementation to delivery, ensuring technical excellence by always looking for improvement opportunities.
- Be the technical reference for the Game Services teams, helping them to define technical standards and processes for our projects.
- Conduct solution exploration dynamics with our Game Services teams.
- Provide technical and solution mentorship to backend engineers.
What you'll need
- University degree in courses related to computing such as Computer Engineering and Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in designing technical solutions for highly scalable event-driven systems.
- Solid experience with cloud providers such as AWS.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Proven understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc).
- Knowledge and experience with Go is a differential.
More about you
- Empowering teams is key to scaling. We look for Backend Tech Leads that have a history of designing systems and services that enable others to do their best work. You have a keen eye for common features and demands and can build from different requirements and expectations to a common ground.
- Technically skilled. You have deep knowledge about systems design and have built a career focused on studying how to design, maintain, and stable systems with great usability;
- Love to learn. We value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.
- Metrics focused. We are metrics oriented and our systems have a great impact on the work of other teams. You have an analytic mindset and focus on ensuring great visibility to your clients. You aim to create products that leverage data for decision-making.
- Team player. You know that great work can only be achieved through collaboration and diversity of ideas. You are willing to help out wherever needed and are always looking for different inputs from your team.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field