We're looking for a talented and passionate Senior Rigger to join Wildlife's team in São Paulo, Brazil. The Assets Team is responsible for producing all necessary models used in the animated videos on our marketing user acquisition campaigns. We are responsible for ensuring the visual quality of each model is the highest possible, always in line with the art and style that already exist in each game. These videos go around the world, showing why our games are amazing.
How about making your art feature in these videos?
As a Senior Rigger you'll be responsible for rigging the medium to high complex models which can be characters, vehicles, weapons and props in general. From the characters to the props, whether cartoon or realistic, an important part of your job is to ensure that in addition to artistic quality, each model is technically optimized as much as possible. Our business is growing faster and faster, this person will have an important impact for our rigs production.
What you'll do
- Following a brief to produce complex production ready rig deformation of a high standard.
- Build, test, and maintain rigs for various types of assets (Characters, Props, Vehicles, etc.) under the supervision of the Line Produce.
- Working closely with modeler and animator to provide and refine an articulation of the full range of expressions and body movement needed to support a character’s acting range in the film.
- Designing and maintaining Master Rigs that can be re-used as a basis for articulating similar characters.
- Brainstorming new techniques and ideas for user interfaces, deformations tools, and character specific rigging solutions.
- Deliver clean production rigs.
- Participate in reviews and department meetings.
- To develop tools when necessary to attend specific requests.
What you'll need
- Strong experience in film or gaming industry experience.
- Fluent knowledge of 3D animation pipelines.
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Automation skills for repetitives tasks and processes.
- Excellent domain for either realistic or cartoon approaches.
- Knowledge of Python.
Nice to have
- A deep knowledge of anatomy
- Modeling and sculpting skills to do or adjust blend shapes.
- Experience with game engines like Unity and / or Unreal.
- MEL knowledge.
More about you
- You have a good understanding and interpretation of deformations pointed by 2D concepts.
- You have an advanced knowledge of body and facial deformation about characters.
- You´re passionate about topology and are able to orient the modeling step aiming to the final rig needed.
- You can communicate clearly with your team and the stakeholders.
- You are comfortable following briefings as well as giving creative inputs in your rigs.
- You are proactive and quick to figure out the best and most efficient way of doing your assigned tasks.
- You are organized and work well with naming conventions and server structures.
- You understand the need for changes when working in a growth environment.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Wildlife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this