Senior Data Engineer - IT Ops
We're looking for a talented and passionate Senior Data Engineer to join Wildlife's IT Operations team in São Paulo, Brazil or Buenos Aires, Argentina. We are a remote-first company.
The mission of the IT Operations team at Wildlife is to have world-class productivity and efficiency across the company by finding and further investigating efficiency opportunities related to usage and/or provisioning of technology resources.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll play a key role in developing the analyses and algorithms that identify the patterns and type of usage of our data. You will be responsible for finding and further investigating opportunities related to better usage and storage of our data.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Be part of a high output team, directly contributing to company results;
- Work proactively and closely with data scientists, product managers game and engineering teams to identify and execute optimizations on existing data pipelines;
- Identify unused data and propose how to handle it (sampling, deletion, move to colder classes of storage);
- Find and propose data modeling optimizations across the data lake to avoid inefficiencies like duplicated data, data normalization, data types, etc (table partitioning, migrating to delta tables);
- Develop anomaly detection capabilities.
What you'll need
- University degree in courses related to computing such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field;
- 2+ years of experience working as a data engineer on technically challenging problems;
- Programmer with SQL proficiency;
- Experience creating data pipelines;
- Knowledge and experience with Python or Spark;
- Knowledge and experience with AWS;
- Knowledge and experience with Airflow or other workflow management tool is a differential.
More about you
- You are a resourceful person with a go-getter attitude;
- You are passionate about the data industry and thirsty for innovation;
- You are not afraid to propose and explore new initiatives;
- You are a determined and metrics oriented engineer who wants to deliver results;
- You have an analytic mindset and focus on ensuring visibility to your clients and peers;
- You are passionate about working on and solving problems;
- You are a team player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Wildlife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this