Senior Android Engineer
We're looking for a hardworking and passionate Senior Mobile Engineer to join Wildlife's team in Brazil.
Mobile engineers are responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our SKDs that are used in our multiple games in production to implement common features and capabilities that all our games and apps have. A Mobile Engineer works very closely with both backend and game teams to build a complete solution. Since there is no pressure by games release schedule our deadlines accommodate more time to make sure our code is the gold standard for the game teams. We work on a daily basis on a multitude of technologies, like Unity3d, Cocos2dx, Java, Android, iOS, C, etc.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain systems and platform products that will be used in the games' development, operation and distribution.
- Identify typical demands from clients, design and propose solutions that improve everything from their operation to the end-user experience.
- Detect and fix problems in the production environment.
- Contribute to the best practices of development, reliability, and availability of our systems.
- Handle significant volumes of data in real-time systems.
What you'll need
- Experience with Android development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Broad analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc).
- Experience with Unity3D
- Experience working with backend services
More about you
- Empowering teams is key to scaling. We look for engineers that have a history of designing systems and services that enable others to do their best work. You have a keen eye for standard features and demands and can build from different requirements and expectations to a common ground.
- Metrics focused. We are metrics oriented, and our systems have a high impact on the performance of our games. You have an analytic mindset and focus on ensuring visibility to your clients. You aim for superior system design, guaranteeing the highest availability possible.
- High scale and low-latency. You are excited about the challenges brought by high scale and low-latency requirements. You thrive when discussing the architecture and best practices of such systems and have great attention when developing its internals to ensure an efficient and easily maintainable code.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Wildlife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this