Machine Learning Engineering Manager
About the Team
At the Machine Learning Engineering team we keep high international standards in terms of technology, development, and quality of service as in any Data-driven companies the primary source of innovation and operation is data itself. Here we have real technical challenges as we deal with an ever-growing quantity and variety of data from our games. We collaborate with Data Scientists and Data Engineers based on several locations worldwide with the same high professional standards and interests around ML challenges. We do have a place and structure to create the next generation of ML tools, practices, and products.
About the Role
Machine Learning workloads are growing consistently in importance at Wildlife. In this direction, the Machine Learning Engineering team is taking a leading role on projects that involve the challenging work of developing, deploying, serving and monitoring of AI services across the Globe and the continuous job of setting up a high-quality software development standard for ML projects.
The new Manager of the Team will directly enable and potentialize the efforts with the existing MLE members in their ambitious projects to build our reference AI framework dedicated to managing all ML development pipeline: from development and iterating to deployment, versioning, testing, and monitoring. From helping to structure our feature store to architect our AI microservices framework. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company with increasing needs for Machine Learning and AI workloads, huge datasets, and an ecosystem (Feature Store and AI microservices framework) in the decisive stages of their architecture and development.
Who you are
- You have leadership capabilities, leading development activities, being a team player and a mentor for other team members;
- Strong technical background with proven experience as a Software engineer, Data Engineer, Data Science or Machine Learning Engineer;
- Smart and creative, both, you have the ability and persistence to solve problems, big and small. Curious by nature, you're constantly looking for ways to improve upon things;
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities both independently and collaboratively;
- You're flexible, confident and an excellent teammate keen to help build something great mainly through organizing and preparing your team;
- You communicate in a clear and effective way in different media.
What you’ll do
- Plan and manage various tasks and projects across the Machine Learning Engineering team by clearly identifying priority, resources, impact, deliverables, and success metrics;
- Work closely with recruiting to build high-performance engineering teams;
- Drive internal process improvements, identify and remove gaps, and ensure the team is working on high impact projects align with company OKRs;
- Drive interfacing with cross-functional teams including game development, data science, engineering, and marketing;
- Facilitate and participate in regular status meetings with internal and other stakeholders, while owning all critical communications;
- Provide hands-on project management when necessary during the development process and post-deployment;
- Owner the scrum stand-ups, sprint progress, velocity, retrospectives, and status reports.
What you'll need
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineer (Software or others), Statistics, Physics, Economics, related fields or equivalent experience in applied research;
- Prior management experience, leading Data Science or Machine Learning Engineering teams;
- Hands-on experience with languages dedicated or related to Data Transformation and ML workloads like C++, Python, Scala, Java, R, or Julia.
- Relevant experience with software development for Statistical, Machine Learning, and Data modeling purposes.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams and partners in a cooperative way;
- Good knowledge of project management and agile methodologies;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or a field related to computer vision and deep learning. In all cases, relevant work with the use of machine learning is required;
- Proven experience with personally identified Datasets like fintech.
- Experience with orchestration frameworks like Apache Airflow and other open ML frameworks.
- Proven experience in projects serving, deploying, and monitoring Kubernetes based ML/AI workloads (Kubeflow, Knative for ML, and GCP).
- Good understanding of software development life cycle for Machine Learning projects;
- Experience managing projects based on open-source software;
- Experience with Data Analytics (BI tools).
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this