Backend Engineering Manager - Game Services
We're looking for a talented and passionate Backend Engineering Manager to join Wildlife's Game Services team in São Paulo, Brazil.
As an Engineering Manager, you'll play a fundamental role in making our games reach the next billion people by guiding and developing highly-skilled engineers and working closely with other managers and leaders to improve our processes and ensure we have an outstanding engineering organization. You'll also make decisions about bigger systems design themes, such as when to build sustainable, high-impact projects and when to ship things quickly and with quality.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Plan team activities and engineers' allocation.
- Set the team's goals aligned with the company's OKRs.
- Organize team process.
- Guarantee the team engineers' happiness and efficiency.
- Attract and retain talent.
- Conduct regular 1:1s with team engineers.
- Report status to stakeholders.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- 1+ years of experience leading teams of at least 3 people.
More about you
- Team focused. You believe in influencing through developing relationships over exercising authority. You always look for improving your team's health, for example, by balancing operational responsibilities with development.
- Having the best engineers is key to scaling. We look for leaders that thrive when hiring the best engineers and promoting their growth. You believe in providing continuous, thoughtful feedback and in recognizing the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Technically proficient. You understand the technologies your teams are working with and are not afraid of asking the right questions to conduct the team towards the best technical decisions versus business tradeoffs.
- Metrics focused. We are metrics-oriented, and our systems have a high impact on the performance of our games. You have an analytic mindset and focus on ensuring visibility to your stakeholders.
- Experience developing and maintaining systems with a high volume of requests.
- Project management experience.
- Experience developing systems in the games industry.
- Experience developing platform products.
- Business knowledge about the games industry.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Wildlife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
* Indicates a required field