Backend Engineer - Social Gaming
We're looking for a talented and passionate Backend Engineer, to join Wildlife's Social Gaming team in Brazil – this is a remote position.
As a Backend Engineer in Social Gaming, you will be responsible for end to end solutions in Wildlife Social Ecosystem, playing a key role in game products such as Chat, Clan Management and Player Ranking. You will own the entire lifecycle of development, from designing and implementing to monitoring and operating. You will work directly with our Game Studios to define how to use our Social features to better attract and engage players.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain end-to-end services and that will be used in the games' development, operation and distribution
- Work closely with stakeholders to devise solutions that meet business and technical expectations.
- Define good code practices, maintain our continuous integration process and, in general, influence our software development to improve our quality.
- Be part of the development workflow from implementation to delivery, ensuring technical excellence by always looking for improvement opportunities.
- Be part of a highly skilled development squad, owning initiatives to improve processes, metrics, and tooling.
What you'll need
- University degree in courses related to computing such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, and Systems Analysis and Development;
- Previous professional experience with backend development;
- Solid understanding of computer concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, and algorithm analysis);
More about you
- Empowering teams is key to scaling. We look for backend engineers that have a history of designing applications that enable others to do their best work. You have a keen eye for common features and demands and can build from different requirements and expectations to a common ground.
- Technically skilled: You have deep knowledge about Software Development and have built a career focused on studying how to design, maintain, and improve applications or games with great usability.
- Responsible for the result: You understand that a job half done is not enough. Even when facing difficulties or unforeseen obstacles, you do what must be done. You know that you need to think about the success of the overall project you're working on.
- Metrics focused. We are metrics-oriented and our services have a great impact on the work of other teams. You have an analytic mindset and focus on ensuring great visibility to your clients. You aim to create products that leverage data for decision-making.
- Love to learn. We value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.
- Team player. You know that great work can only be achieved through collaboration and diversity of ideas. You are willing to help out wherever needed and are always looking for different inputs from your team.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Indicates a required field
Find more jobs like this