Android Mobile Engineer
We're looking for a talented and passionate Android Engineer to join Wildlife's' Tool Team in Argentina.
As an Android Engineer, you won't need prior experience with game development. Still, you must be passionate about technology, have a broad understanding of fundamental Computer Science concepts, and be comfortable about working with new technologies. We ship code that goes into production on multiple games, so you'll be writing efficient and testable codes. Many libraries have a backend component, and you need to work closely with the backend team or sometimes make yourself the backend of our tool, so having a basic understanding of how APIs and backend services work is a plus.
The Tools Team started providing services for the games' online features and has since evolved to provide a platform that leverages the best when creating, operating and distributing our games. We work on libraries that are shipped to production, and we're responsible for testing and making sure that the libraries' are without bugs. We work on a daily base on a multitude of technologies, like Unity3d, Cocos2dx, Java, Android, iOS, C, etc.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Identify common behaviours and functionalities between projects and extract and organise them into frameworks that allow faster development of other teams.
- Define good code practices, maintain our continuous integration process and, in general, influence our software development to improve our quality
- Collaborate with programmers on the backend, analytics, automation, and game teams.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Broad analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc).
- Previous experience in software development professional experience in Android.
More about you
- Curious by nature: You love technology and you're genuinely curious about the theory, practices and understanding of how things work. You get excited when you have to use a programming language or tool you know nothing about because that is an opportunity to learn new things.
- Responsible for the result: You understand that a job half done is not enough. Even when facing difficulties or unforeseen obstacles, you do what must be done. You know that you need to think about the success of the overall project you're working.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Wildlife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Indicates a required field