Senior Database Ops Engineer
About the team
An engineer in our team works with a global scale infrastructure and has a great impact on millions of players. To guarantee the best experience possible, we count with several Kubernetes clusters spread around the world and connected to each other. We are in the cutting edge of open-source infrastructure technology, we adopted Kubernetes in production little after the project was launched and today we use technologies such as eBPF and Cilium in our network stack.
We handle billions of logs daily and have hundreds of nodes and thousands of containers to serve more than millions of requests per minute. We know these numbers will only grow and we're looking for engineers that can help with the challenges of provisioning and operating infrastructure at large scale.
About the role
Wildlife Studios is searching for Database Ops Engineers to join our team. We seek an engineer with thorough knowledge in databases with focus on PostgreSQL, operational systems and programming. Since we are always looking for new tools and technologies that better solve our problems, we value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.
We'll need you to be a point of reference to enhance stability and performance of our system flows, diagnose problems in production environment, identify points of improvement and automation, and be responsible to make sure that our DBs are in sync with our pipeline.
More about you
- Automation is key to scaling. We look for engineers that have a history of projecting and executing automation projects in order to get rid of any manual and repetitive tasks.
- Focused on goals. You are willing to identify and look for opportunities to improve your current environment. Status Quo is not a stopper for you!
- Bleeding edge. You are curious and like to study new technologies, test new solutions and measure the impact brought by changes. We want to ensure we are using the best stack possible
What you’ll do
- Install, configure and maintain the lifecycle of PostgreSQL databases utilizing one of Terraform or CloudFormation
- Be able to deliver DB in production faster
- Assessment and work on the major databases, looking for opportunities to improve performance and stability, pointer cover recovery.
- Define and analyse the observability and governance on our DBs in Wildlife.
- Troubleshoot and manage incidents in production.
What you'll need
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives
- Thorough knowledge PostgreSQL internals
- Performance tuning on PostgreSQL server parameters as well as queries
- Enthusiastic about automation, including infrastructure as code principles.
- Working experience with configuration management tools like Ansible or Chef to customize EC2 instances
- Solid knowledge in at least one programming language. We work mostly with Go and Python
- Experience with large scale production systems and technologies.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- AWS Certification
- Experience in multiple monitoring tools, including Cloudwatch, Datadog, Prometheus, and Grafana
* Indicates a required field