Technical Animator (All levels)
About the Team
The Art Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. Our games connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That's no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.
About the Role
Our Tech Art team creates solutions to make our game development process more efficient, bulletproof and scalable. Our aim is to transform great artists into great game developers with as little barriers possible as, empowering them to not only create amazing assets, but also test and integrate them into the game. That's the key to making high quality game experiences faster and more efficient.
Our team is looking for a highly motivated person who is passionate about games, animation and how to make artists' lives easier based around technical proficiency, problem solving approaches, a lot of curiosity and deep collaboration.
Who you are:
- Craft: You have experience working with Unity and/or other game engines. You have a solid grasp of animation state machines, blend trees, and skeletal blending. You are technically minded, but have an eye for aesthetics and an appreciation for the fact that implementation is part of the artistry. You're able to see like an animator.
- Documentation: You are not only good in structuring and organizing content, but also in documenting everything and making it very accessible for everyone. You are a great communicator of changes made, tools and processes.
- Team Player: You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and shares knowledge. You are good interacting with a wide range of people, from very distinct backgrounds and specialities.
- Pipeline: You are always on top of the latest tools and techniques to help shape our pipelines in animation.
What you'll do:
- Collaboration: You will work directly with the animation director, other animators and game devs on setting up the animation trees, implementing animations and being the point of contact for all technical support they need to make their workflows better.
- Pipeline: You will work throughout the game pipeline, from helping to define the characters' technical pipelines with character artists, creating sandboxes for the animation team, all the way to working with the graphics team on tracking performance. You are expected to own the technical pipeline in regards to animation and suggest improvements where you find suitable.
- Problem Solving: As the first point of contact on technical matters, you will be responsible for detecting and anticipating problems in the workflow. You'll also create solutions that range from day-to-day small corrections and guidance to artists, all the way to creating large systems inside the engine, sometimes in collaboration with the rest of the Tech Art team.
What you'll need:
- Experience working as a Tech Animator in the games industry.
- Experience working with Maya and Unity, including coding on both, C# and python.
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your work.
- You have experience working in mobile games.
- You have expertise in rigging skills.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Please note that an art test may be required during the evaluation process.
Wildlife Studios is an independent mobile game studio started in 2011 and headquartered in São Paulo, Brazil. The company is growing, and we’re on a mission to build our creative capability.
At Wildlife we’re committed to being a company where the best talent can do their best work. Our goal is to create great games, worlds players escape to, and characters they can’t live without. This is our aspiration, and we know it’s no small task. Our secret weapon is our people, and the company is built to support them. We’re looking for world class talent inspired to be a part of this journey.
We believe video games will be the source of the world's most beloved entertainment franchises. We hope to accelerate this transition by making iconic games that will be remembered and shared for generations.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on this mission at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Irvine (United States), and San Francisco (United States).
* Indicates a required field